Friday, April 6, 2012

A truly GOOD Friday!

God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son."
- John 3:16

I did not sleep all night January 23rd, 2012. I waited....I knew that January 24th would be my darkest day. I had a pit in my stomach dreading the day. I was scheduled to be induced to deliver Jonathan....he was already in heaven with Jesus. Just days before we had announce that He was a boy, my children were so excited to add a new brother to the family. As we left for the hospital my husband remembered a book that someone at a Pastors meeting had given him, so he stopped by the church to get it. I was thinking of when he brought the book home...I thought, I hope I never have to read that one. It was titled Hope for A Hopeless Day by Jack Hayford. On Jonathan's birthday my husband read the whole book and I read most of it. I have to say it changed my life and forever how I see GOOD friday.
Good Friday is indeed good, because Jesus defeated death and concurred sin. He provided reconciliation to our heavenly father. HOWEVER to him, good Friday was his darkest day. Unspeakable torture, anguish and pain. In Jack Hayfords book he breaks down the way that Jesus dealt with that day. These truths have forever changed me and given me an example to live by, on my darkest day and every day that is hard.
Look at these powerful things Jesus said and how we can apply them to our life.
Taken from Hope for a hopeless day

  • "Father, forgive them for they know now what they do."… "We need to forgive those who let us   down in our trial."
  •  "Assuredly I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise."…"We need to help others that are in the same situation as us."
  •  "Woman behold your son....behold your mother."… "We need to take care of those close to us."
  •  "My God, My God why have you forsaken me?"…"Aim your hard questions at God not Man."
  •   "I thirst."… "Acknowledge your need for help."
  •  "It is finished."… "Be assured there is a purpose and an end."
  • "Into your hands I commit my spirit."… "Give your hopeless day to God."


Jesus is my example and he shined bright on his darkest day. I know other dark days will come in this life. I want to remember that Jesus also suffered..... horribly, yet he did not sin. This good Friday is truly a good example of how I should cope with unspeakable loss. I am reflecting  today on the sacrifice of my savior, and his perfect response to anguish.

Lord help me to forgive others that have let me down, help me to help others that know my same pain. Remind  me to take care of my family and not neglect them, help me to ask you the hard questions and turn to your word and prayer for answers. Enable me to be transparent and acknowledge my need for help, Lord help me know that this sadness and suffering will come to an end. Finally help me leave my hopeless day in your perfect, capable, redeeming hands.


"At the supreme moment of His dying, Jesus so identified Himself with men and the depths of their predicament and agony that no man can now sink so low that God has not gone lower." Os Guiness

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for these words Tesha
your words have helped me so much and given me hope

amy

Hillary said...

What a beautiful post for this Good Friday! Lots of love to you and your family today!

xoxox

Jenn said...

Thank you for this encouragement and reminder! Continuing to pray for you! <3
Jenn
from Treasuring Life's Blessings

Jessi @ Rising with the Son said...

Amen!!!

Shauna said...

THANK YOU!! This has brought tears to my eyes and Hope and Healing to my Heart! <3

Christine said...

I've been sick this week and just now catching up on your posts. You have so much wisdom to share, friend!

Love to you and your family. Praying for many smiles this weekend, a midst the deep pain.

Denise said...

Very inspiring, thank you.

Rachel Rainer said...

Love this post. Thank you for encouraging me. Continuing to pray for you as you grief Jonathan.

Kathy said...

I absolutely love this...it brings a very life changing perspective!

Trennia said...

With Jesus we have Hope!
All things are possible and I am thankful to know Jesus as my savior!
Have a blessed Easter!

3 Wishes said...

Tesha,
Thank you for visiting my blog and for praying for me. Your post was truly touching today. I pray that this Good Friday is a wonderful Good Friday for you and your beautiful family. May God deeply bless you!!! <3 Janine @ 3 Wishes

3 Wishes said...

Tesha,
Thank you for visiting my blog and for praying for me. Your post was truly touching today. I pray that this Good Friday is a wonderful Good Friday for you and your beautiful family. May God deeply bless you!!! <3 Janine @ 3 Wishes

Gina @ Gigi Marie Photography said...

What a beautiful post - so much meaning that grabs me deeply. Prayers for you-

Bryan said...

My wife and I experienced something quite similar 2 months ago. She birthed a child already in the arms of God. We know the gut wrenching heartache...but we know one day we'll embrace our baby in the glories of Heaven. Praise God for the sacrifice of His Son on the cross so that we can celebrate eternal life.

momto8 said...

yes..it really is Good Friday. Thank you Jesus.

ccc said...

good post on Good Friday. Yes, it is good. All my kids when they were little would ask why it is called Good? Just today I answered this question yet again :)

Kallie said...

Once again you have such inspiring heart felt words... Hope you have a blessed Easter! Praying for you this weekend!

a little of me said...

nice post thanks for sharing looking for to visit more..blessings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin