Thursday, May 17, 2012

Blonde Blog Bloopers

 At this moment I am struggling to write my true feelings, a mix of sadness and weariness. 
Right now I just need to laugh at myself.

Here is a little F.Y.I. if you have never read my blog, if you are a regular you have already figured this out without being told. I am a really bad at spelling and horrible at grammar. In fact I wanted to start a blog for quite awhile but I knew I would have some seriously embarrassing moments because of my struggles with the English language. LOL

So I decided when Jonathan was born I did not really care any more. I mean my journals have been a big mess of spelling and grammatical errors for years. The thing is, no one reads those. Well when I started my blog no one was reading it and I was in to much pain to care even if they were. Then I began to connect with other mommies in blog land and decided I really liked the relationships. Uhhhh one problem, now people other than my family are going to read ALL my mistakes. I really wanted a place to keep my memories and pictures so I decided to swallow my pride.

Often my husband reads my post and corrects them, sometimes they are still wrong even if does :-/ So when I go to push publish it I think,... ohhhhh I know there are so many mistakes wouldn't it be easier and less humiliating to write this stuff in a journal. Then I remember my friends on the computer and all the support I would of missed out on if fear had stopped me. I take a deep breathe and push publish and hope the readers hear my heart and overlook my errors.

I love blogs that are perfectly and beautifully written. When I read a perfect post I think--Oh gosh I could never use words that eloquently and with no mistakes. Some people just have a knack for the English language and communication or they are really well educated! Here are a few of my favorite daily reads that are worthy to be handed in to a college professor.

When these girls leave comment, I gulp and think, oh how embarrassing they read ALL of my mistakes :-/ But I know these girls are not grading my blog but they are listing to my heart, I am so very thankful for that!

SO I want to share some of my worst blonde blogging moments. Some my husband saw. Some I caught after I had posted it. Some I got messages about my mistakes, YIKES! The first is what it was supposed to say the second is what I wrote.

  • My husband really loves me.
  • My husbands really love me.
    Jimmy teased me for days saying things like "Where is the other husband, can he pick up the milk?" :)

  • Happy Mother's day MOM
  • Happy Mother's may MAN

  • My husband is a wonderful Pastor!
  • My husband is a wonderful Poker! teeheeehee, this cracks me up!

  • I am really blessed with many online friends
  • I am really messed with many conline friends

  • I have not been very lovable lately
  • I have not been very movable lately (this one is funny because it is soooo true)

  • This post is just some rambling thoughts running through my head at midnight
  • This pot is just some rumbling thoughts running through my lead at midnight


LOL, I will have to save some more bloopers for another post.

Okay, here is the REALLY dumb blonde blogger moment that is not so funny. I have been replying to   
no reply-comment@bloggers since I started my blog. Yep I know it is a sad blonde moment. I was thinking how come I never get a response from certain people?  Then I tried to send an important email and realized it was a no reply blogger uggggg.  I sent a TON of emails that never went anywhere and I did not even know it because they do not send failure demons. I receive comments when someone replies to me because my email is turned on in my profile, so I thought everyone did. If you want to receive comment replies when you leave a comment follow these instructions.



1. Click on the Dashboard link in the upper right hand corner of your screen (or go here).
2. Click on Edit Profile, which is on the left hand side of the screen next to your picture.
3. This will take you to the Edit User Profile screen.
4. Look in the Privacy section.
5. Check the box that says, “Show my e-mail address”.
6. In the Identity section, enter in an e-mail address.
7. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click on Save Profile.
If there is no email in that box or if you don’t have the Show My Email Address box checked. You are a no-reply blogger.
taken from Utterly Chaotic


SO there are many replies to all of your comment floating around in cyber space :) REALLY DUMB BLONDE BLOGGER moment!

Then Tuesday I had a really embarrassing one. I did a book review for a Lynette Kraft book, an author I highly respect. I wrote the review then I sent it to my friend Kathy because it was important to me. She is a book review, blogging genius! She made LOTS of corrections and sent it back to me. It was really late when I went to work on it and my mind was numb and foggy. Some of her corrections were in red so I just fixed those and hit publish without even rereading it. I thought wow I did not have that many correction, I am getting better. WRONG! Kathy sent me a text to point out a BIG fat mistake and then I realized I had published without making half the corrections. UGGGGG, at this point there were like 20 comments, ALL ladies I really respect. Also that post was important to me because I LOVED Lynette's book and wanted to do a good job. So I was bummed, then I read through the comments and so many people said they wanted to read her book! Whew, deep breath, I didn't blow it with my serious mess of errors.


 I will continue to pour out my heart on a computer and hope the readers will pass over my mistakes and hear my heart. I am literally laughing out loud as I read and reread my post thinking.... thank the Lord I did not hit publish! So if you are reading this, thank you for all your grace and hearing my heart. :)

He will yet fill your mouth with laughter, 
and your lips with shouting.
~Job 8:21


2 years ago today sweet Isiah entered Glory.
Say a prayer and stop by to give a word of encouragement to his mama LEEANNE
One year ago today Gideon was born into Heaven, you can find him Mommy Stormy here

33 comments:

HopeUnbroken said...

oh, tesha!
those bloopers are hilarious!
i've been asked before why i haven't responded to e-mails, and then realized i didn't have my settings set to e-mail, so you're not the only one with e-mails floating around in cyber space!
i love language, and spelling and grammar are rather intuitive for me. but with homeschooling my four kiddos, two with some learning issues, it has made me more aware of how NOT intuitive it is for a lot of people. and that's been a very good thing for me :-)
when it's all said and done, i think you do the best you can and trust that your readers extend grace and are really reading for the message, above all.
happy thursday!
steph

Kristy said...

I'm pretty sure most don't care about the grammar, it's the heart of the person that matters. I realized as my husband took college classes this year that the English language is more intuitive for some than others. He definitely doesn't have the gift and I did a lot of proofreading. Thank you for sharing your heart. Praying for you this week.

Angie Vik said...

I've seen your comments here and there on blogs I read, so decided to hop over here and take a look around.

I think people see your heart rather than the mistakes. Everyone has made them. I'm amazed how many times I'll think everything is correct and then read it later and wonder how I missed the mistake. I thoroughly proofread our last church newsletter, only to see four mistakes when it was published.

Christine said...

I don't think that's an English language thing, as much as a typing thing? You're typing super fast?

You blog circles around me, sweet Tesha. It's the voice that makes a good blogger or writer, not so much the technical stuff. If the voice comes through genuine and full of heart,people are hooked. We all love a great heart. And that's you girlfriend!

Thinking of you a lot this week and praying for smiles and lots of hugs from comforters. And that God himself comforts you as only he can. Love to you.

Jennifer Ross said...

Thanks for sharing the bloopers, it gave me some much needed laughs.... Don't worry, I've made some pretty bad mistakes on my blog too!

Elizabeth said...

I love your bloopers...they are REAL, just like your sweet boy! :)

I put a disclaimer on my blog because I refuse to "edit"...every now and then I reread something and fix it, but I don't proofread because it's just real!

Jill said...

haha! i love the bloopers!

and, for the record, i have never noticed any bloopers or spelling errors on your blog. i think you do just fine!

your sweet spirit is what we all love, not perfection. :) if everyone had to have perfect blogs, i know i'd be finished!

God's Most Precious said...

TESHA!!! TESHA!! TESHA!!... I love this post... you are so real... I love that and that is what draws many woman towards you... that you are REAL!! You pour your heart out to all of us and we see your love for JEsus!! God bless you my dear sweet friend... thank you for the blooper laughs.... I honestly never noticed any!! ~ Monica

God's Most Precious said...

PS- You are beautiful!! Love that pic of you!!

Deanna said...

Oh I am laughing! Those are hilarious bloopers!

And from one blonde to another... I didn't see any of them until they've been pointed out here in this post :)

I'm with ya' in the 'blonde moments boat' . I used to be upset over blonde jokes, but I can't help bu to laugh at them and with those who tell them (of course as long as they are clean jokes)

I LOVE your blog, your transparency, your hope, and your love and joy that you share here at your blog, so much.

Thank you for being a wonderful friend, even tho it's a bloggy-world firend -I've been blessed by you. And I am so thankful to be able to pray for you in these days.

Blessings to you and your family!
With love, Deanna
PS- I hope that my replies to your comments at my blog are coming back to you? I checked my profile with the how-to that you shared -looks like I have it set up right.

I'm Cindi... said...

LOL!!! You crack me up, Tesha! Your typos, etc. are safe with me, Girl. I love you and would read your blog no matter what. I'm so glad you write it. :)

Kallie said...

This is so true, and you are not alone. My MIL will call to correct me all the time on my blog! Thanks for letting us know about the reply. I have always tried to answer back on my comments because I didn't know it was even possible to reply to comments. True beauty is in your heart, not your typos. Funny thing is, I have told my gibbhubby many times that you are an amazing writer and I wish I could sound half as intelligent as you!

Deanna said...

Hey there :)

I just wanted to thank for the comment you left me yesterday. I hope that the reply made it your way. If not, I invite you back to read it when you have a moment to spare.

Hope your day is filled with brightness!!!
Love in Him, Deanna

Laura Drewry said...

LOL!! My favorite typo..."husbands" hehe!! Girl I am always reading through my post after I've published it and see SO many typos!! You are not alone I promise! But I also want to say so many times I have read your post and have thought you were so good with words...some people just have a way with words...like you...and I wish I had that gift...but i DON'T!!
Anyways, I have never noticed any of your typos and always enjoy reading your blog!! I wish we lived closer where we could have lunch dates! :)

Dr. Ann said...

Tesha,
This is so funny! First of all, the bloopers are the best, and I hope you keep publishing them because I know they are bringing lots of smiles to other peoples' faces as well. None of us is perfect, and so we all breathe a sigh of relief to share our brokenness with each other. Your blog is great, and you have so many people praying for you and your family. Keep going!
Blessings,
Ann
p.s.thanks for the shout-out about my blog - that is so sweet of you.

Beth said...

Oh sweet Tesha. First of all, thank you SO much for sharing my blog. What an honor! Although it is not perfectly written...too often I go back to read and old post and find a myriad of typos! Betcha didn't notice though. It's the same here. No one comes here to critique for grammar or spelling. They come for your message, and it is an important one. So don't feel bad, because grammar and spelling don't matter. Your message is what matters, and it blesses so many, me included. So thank you. xoxo

Alecia said...

These are hilarious! It's good that you can laugh and not take yourself too serious. I can spend forever spell checking and reading, but there are always some that still get overlooked. And for the record, I've never noticed your typos either!

Hillary said...

Oh gosh girl! My blog is full of mistakes too! One friend of mine asked if I ever used the spell check function and I had to laugh and say that I did everytime and I was still full of mistakes!

Love you! xoxox

Allison said...

How funny, I make lots of mistakes too. I just look over any I see on blogs, but that's me! I have also replied to the noreply emails too!!!!:)

Mellissa Rose said...

My husband reads my blog & points out my mistakes too. I specifically asked him to tell me.

I love your bloopers (okay...I just put bloppers and then realized my mistake - ha!).

Thank goodness for spell check underlining words in red.

I found your blog on the Pink Slipper linky today.

Christine said...

Thank you for telling me about the reply thing. You have a lot of technical savvy! And I never notice any errors, dear friend.

Kathy said...

I love you, Tesha! I love your bloopers! And, I love your grammar and would not change it for the world! It's like #535 reason why I love you and am SO SO SO thankful that you are my friend! You are the best :)

Wendy @ ECTaS said...

Love it! You made me giggle :D

Trennia said...

LOL...bloopers!!!
I have bad grammer,spelling and sometimes I just type "Hick" LOL.
Love this post!

Ashley said...

YOu are too cute. This is so funny that you feel this way because I SO feel the same way. I have gotten to a point where I tell my mom weekly I do NOT care if I had mistakes in my blog because she points out everything :)

I am not blonde and I think I have done the same thing with replying to comments, dang it! Now I will have to go make sure that my profile is fixed.

Dany Kal said...

haha Tesha...to be honest I never even notice yours. When I go back and read mine after a few days I always find some and to be honest I don't care if someone judge's me on my grammer....Good to know about the emails I guess I should go and investigate!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Thank you for sharing your mistakes. LOL....we all make them and it's okay! I wouldn't want you any other way :)

Crystal @ Serving Joyfully said...

A couple things:

1. I have an English degree and I still end up with mistakes in my posts. So does everyone else. It happens and it's not a big deal :)

2. I find that it's nice to type my post in a word processor first (like Microsoft Word, if you don't have it on your computer, there is a free program you can download that is similar). Although a lot of things will slip through their spell checker (like there, they're, and their, etc.), a lot of the things that you pointed out in this post would be caught by a word processing program.

(Again, I am NOT judging your writing or saying that you have mistakes that bother me...but if you are self-conscious about it, this might help a bit.)

Blessings to you and your family!

The Anglin Family said...

Ha- I do the same thing. Then I just think not many people read my blog, anyhow:-) you made me smile pretty lady;)

Kim said...

You are so right, we are listening to your heart, not critiquing your writing:) You are so sweet and so special to the BLM world! I love this post though-I laughed out loud! You are so funny and as usual, so honest:)

Mrs. Howard said...

Oh, it's so clear that your heart is so warm and loving. I don't think anyone who reads your blog gets hung up on the grammar or misspellings. We're in awe of the support, kindness, and love you offer to everyone!

Diane said...

I have so many weaknesses that can tend to hold me back. But those are the areas God can really use if we let Him. He is using you in wonderful ways...just as you are...honest, real, and sincere.. Your heart shines through so powerfully. You are so sweet. Ps...the bloopers were pretty cute!!!

Denise said...

Thanks for making me smile. I love you, bloopers and all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin