Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Breaved mommies link up #3 and Confidence that Jonathan is in Heaven.

When Jonathan died I instantly felt he was in Heaven, it was just a peace in my heart the Jesus was taking care of him. I also felt he was with my Father-in-Law and Papaw. I went through a few really dark days and I decided my feeling would not be enough to bring me the comfort I needed. So I started reading and studying the Bible and biblical based books to see what it has to say about babies in Heaven.

One of the first books I read was, I will hold in Heaven, by Jack Hayford. I highly recommend this book. He gave lots of biblical truths to support what our hearts sense, that our babies are in Heaven. So I want to Share some of the truths and scriptures that we can rest on, when doubts and fear come our way. First the Bible is clear that we are all born sinners, not perfect, therefore it is the unmerited beautiful grace of God that gets our babies into Heaven. Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me. Psalm 51:5

So how can we have confidence our babies are in Heaven when they never had a chance for Salvation? It is with the greatest tenderness that Jesus speaks of little children. In Matt 18 :10  Jesus says, "Their Angels always see the face of my father". Small children in their innocents enjoy uninterrupted fellowship with God. At what age this is broken? We do not know, it is clear that the unborn, stillborn or infant has not transgressed that union. That does not mean they are sinless, but they have fellowship with God. Just as after we are saved we are not sinless, yet we enjoy fellowship with God. Matthew 21:16 says "Do you hear what these children are saying?" they asked him. "Yes," replied Jesus, "have you never read, "'From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise'?" So our babies, even though born sinful, have a relationship with their Heavenly Father.

Jeremiah 1:5 says “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.” God is not just speaking about Jeremiah he is telling us that everyone has a purpose from the time of conception, and the provision to help that person fulfill their purpose. Even babies that die in the womb and infancy were created for a good purpose. God does not create anyone to condemn them, our babies lived and died fulfilling God's good plan. Not the plan that we wanted, obviously. 


I also want to point out that it is because of a sinful world that there is death. God's intention was never that we would have to taste death or separation from him. He was so heartbroken over death entering our world that he sent his son to die as a sacrifice for us, so we can Live forever in paradise with him. So yes, Jesus was in control of our babies life and death, but he is so brokenhearted over our sadness that he provided a way for us to spend eternity in heaven with them. He never plans bad things for our lives but is there to redeem and rescue us when they come. For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11 

Even in the womb babies are spiritual beings in tune with the presence of God. listen to this passage-Now at this time Mary arose and went in a hurry to the hill country, to a city of Judah, and entered the house of Zachariah and greeted Elizabeth. When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. And she cried out with a loud voice and said, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb! And how has it happened to me, that the mother of my Lord would come to me? Luke 1:39-43. When John the baptist leaped inside of Elizabeth he was responding to the presence of the lord Jesus who was in his mothers womb. Mary had only just conceived. That means as a very small embryo Jesus was Jesus! Isn't that amazing, even mommies that lost their babies very early can rest assured that someday they will see their child, who God created. 

At the first spark of life our babies were themselves, created for a unique and wonderful purpose. We may not understand why their life was so short but it was a life filled with eternal purpose and someday we will have the answers to all of our hard questions. Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.1 Corinthians 13:12


Another assurance we have from scripture is King David's response to the death of his infant son. David said, "I will go to him, but he will not return to me" Samuel 12:23. David knew that he would see his son in Heaven, (Note in Psalms 23:6 )David said, "I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever". He knew his destination was Heaven and that his infant son was there waiting on him!.

So infants do not enter Heaven because they are sinless, but rather because God is merciful and good.
The point is that our babies that are given a special grace of God; it is not by their innocence but by God’s grace that they are received into heaven. There are great controversies over the doctrine of original sin. But I think the Bible is Clear, we can have peace knowing we will see our sweet babies again. Jesus came to redeem not condemn. His purpose is restoration of relationship's.  God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him. John 3:17 Jesus is in the business of saving, and also of restoring all that was lost.

So all of my years here on earth I will ache for and miss my Jonathan, but really life is just a vapor. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. James 4:14  I have said this before but it is what gets me through the really dark days. All of eternity will be enough to make up for the lost years without Jonathan, I am so thankful that my Jesus is a savior and a redeemer!
teshastreasures
Bereaved mommies please link up and visit a few other mommies and encourage them! You do not have to do anything just join in the fellowship!

Also join Monica from Gods Most Precious tomorrow for Angel baby link up
 Kacie at An Ordinary Girl is hosting a weekly link-up starting Monday for those who are carrying a baby with a negative prenatal diagnosis or those that have gone through this in the past.

This is awesome, it's kind of like small groups for grieving mommies! What is really important is that we find each other and support each other. So whenever you come across a newly grieving mommy let her know about one of the link up's so we can get to know her.


Also if you have been on the link-up before, check Sundays post for you babies name if it is not there leave a comment and I will make you one:)

31 comments:

Kate @ Teaching What Is Good said...

Tesha, I'm so blessed by your post and for the link-up for those struggling with the sorrow of losing a precious little one. Thanks for sharing this post on my link-up today.

L said...

Thank you for this encouraging post and the book suggestion. We had 2 Sam. 12:23 engraved on Lilly's gravestone. Praise God for giving us all HOPE!

Trennia said...

Wha a blessing it was to read this post! It spoke to my heart in so many ways thank you Tesha, for sharing this.

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Beautiful post, Tesha! Love it! The most important comfort we have is the truth that our babies are in heaven. We are going to do a special Walking With You in a couple weeks about Praise and Thanksgiving. I realized I never did that post!

Blessings to you!

Pamela said...

You have such a beautiful ministry here. One thing that brought me comfort when Sarah died was picturing her sitting on Jesus' lap. He loves children! Greg Olson has some beautiful paintings of Jesus with children.

Kim said...

I'm sorry I missed last week, we left at 4am for our trip and I wasn't able to get on here. Thank you again for doing this for us!

Jenn said...

Thank you for this encouragement Tesha! Knowing my son is in Heaven & that one day I will hold him again is what keeps me going on my darker days.

Nan & Mike said...

HUGS!!!!

SingerMamaMelody said...

Sweet Tesha,

Thanks for writing so boldly about the hope we have in Christ. May God uphold you today.

Sending love and prayers to you,
Melody

brigette said...

What a beautiful post! Such a good reminder! I picture all our sweet babies up in heaven what great parties they must have while their busy working away! Big hugs mama!!

Karen said...

Thank You Tesha so much for doing this. It really helps each of us know that we are not alone and we all can encourage one another.

Also thanks so much for the picture with Faith's name. I love it and it is so sweet of you to remember us like that!

Blessings,
Karen

Beth said...

What an amazing post. Thank you, Tesha. Immediately after Eve's death I really grappled and struggled with whether or not she was in Heaven. Like you, I came to the conclusion that she is. It doesn't make any sense that God, who is so merciful, would use a technicality to keep some of his precious children out of His rest (the technicality being that unborn/stillborn/deceased babies can't make a choice for Christ). Thanks, friend. xoxo

Courtney said...

Tesha - Your scripture references are powerful. Saying a prayer for you, and all the other grieving mommies.

EverythingIam-blogspot.blogspot.com said...

You touch my heart and give me Hope everytime I read your blog. Christ is seen & Glorified through your life!

Memoirs of Me & Mine said...

Such a beautiful post.

Morgan said...

Linking up again. Really hoping I can visit more blogs this week.

Great post, Tesha. Samuel 12:23 makes me think of a lyric in the song I posted on my blog yesterday. I've been trying hard to focus on reuniting with Marcellus one day.

Natasha Hoff said...

Thank you for this post Tesha, I know in my heart that Amelia is safe and in heaven being loved by everyone there but it is nice to hear scriptures confirming it. Your words are so comforting, thank you!

Deanna said...

So thankful that the Lord has not left us without His WORD.
All these passages are just perfect , as so is all of our Lord's Word.

Blessings to you Tesha, and to all the mommies who know first hand the ache you're experiencing.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

You will definitely see Jonathan in heaven and eternity will be awesome. ((HUGS))

Pink Slippers said...

I can just picture Jonathan, Papa and Papaw having there own 'Boys Club' (brings tears to my own eyes) meeting. What a blessing you are through the sharing of your heart.

leeannestone said...

Sweet girl! Your post was just what I needed as we near the two year anniversary of Isaiah's death. Many prayers to you in your continued healing.

Mrs Sarah Coller said...

What an encouraging message...thank you!!

Amy said...

Thank you Tesha, Your words help so much.

Jennifer Ross said...

Nice write up on heaven and our hope in the Lord.....

God Bless you and all you do for many woman.....

Abigail's Mom said...

Thankful for you and your sweet heart. Such a blessing to me during this time. Praying for you.

alicia harrison said...

Beautiful post! Thanks for the link up! I am without a computer and having to use my phone and it's so difficult to blog and read others so thank you for letting me know! Also thank you for the beautiful beach pic with my daughters names! That was so gracious of you to take the time!

Shannon said...

A much needed post for those who either are unsure of where their baby/child is, or those who were taught infants must be baptized to go to heaven. I have no doubt my son is in heaven! :) God gave us too many assurances that Ethan is with Him. And the in the Bible, Jesus said: Let the little children come to me, for such is the kingdom of heaven. We are all to have faith like a child. They do not question their faith or the realness of Jesus...they just accept it with such a deep faith we as adults sometimes forget. Hugs!

Shannon said...

And I have not doubt Jonathan is in heaven too, as well as all of the other babies and children who have died so young! :)

Mariah said...

Thank you so much for that! I love to study what the word says about my baby, Noah! There is comfort in this!

|-| /-\ |\| S said...

I read your bio some minutes ago. What got my attention was off course your beautiful blond hair;-).. bùt serious; then I got tears in my eyes and on my cheek.. when the photo of yours Angel got by... A finger (from your husband?) and a HAND...
That makes a man little.. very little.
And yet, He's got the whole world, in Hìs Hands!
~Hold me Jesus, 'cause I'm shaking like a leaf,
You have been King of my glory,
Won't You be my Prince of Peace?!~

greetz and blessings from Holland, -hans

Denise said...

You are such an encouragement.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin