Friday, May 25, 2012

Life With A TEEN


Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right.
 ~Proverbs 20:11


 There are a couple reasons I wanted to do this post. One, this is my scrapbook and I want to spread the love over my kids. As much as I am consumed by Jonathan, I need to reflect and write about the others as well. (I have to say, as I prepared the pictures for this post, I cried many times thinking of all the moments I will miss with Jonathan.) Two, as a young mother I was terrified of having a teenager. Seriously I remember crying on Little Jimmy's first birthday that soon He would be a teenager :) I remember hearing teenage HORROR stories and dreading those upcoming years. I want to bring hope to other young mommies, that the teen years are fun!
 I wish someone would of given me that hope.

Mommy and Jimmy over 14 years ago

Jimmy was such a sweet child and people would always tell me how good he was. However a lot of those encouragement were followed by "just wait until he is a teen" Implying look out, it's HELL. I was really sad over these Domesday prophecies, like 12 was going to be our last "good" year.

Well my guy did turn 12, 13, 14 and soon 15 and he is as sweet as ever! I have to say, because he is a boy, our relationship has changed some. He just has more to talk about with his Dad, but he always makes an effort to include me. He still will walk up out of the blue and give me a hug and kiss, it always makes my heart sing! We have gone on a couple of outings alone, where we practice how he should treat a lady and how to talk to her.

Right now He is really close with his Dad they are like peanut butter and jelly. I am kind of like the napkin {useful} and he is really thankful I am there when he needs me:) 


When my husband's dad was very sick with cancer I asked him......"Where dose your mom fit in, I mean I know you adore your Dad, as a grown man how do you feel about your mom?" Let me just say I already know my husband loves his mom, to the moon and back! I wanted to hear his perspective as an adult. Hey when your a mom of many boys you need to know they will still love you when they are men. His response really blessed my heart. He said...."My Dad had all the answer, I went to him to find out what to do and how to do it. My mom had all the heart she held us together with her love. SHE IS EVERYTHING"! My mommies heart let out a sigh of relief ahhhh. My boys will ALWAYS love me and need me, just in different ways.

Here are some quality traits that I love about Jimmy right now

  • He is extremely helpful, even looking for ways before he is asked.
  • He is compassionate and thinks of others feelings.
  • He is a peacemaker today he told me...."I love to study war tactics mom, but I am a peaceful guy. Like papa said there is a beast inside, but you have to keep him in the cage."LOL
  • He loves to cook and serve his family!
  • He is preparing for a future wife by writing her letters and praying for her. I read one letter all I can say is she will be one BLESSED girl:)
  • He loves his sibling and protect them fiercely.
  • He respects his dad and me, he show it in his attitude and tone of voice!
  • He loves Jesus with all of his heart, soul, mind, and strength.

A few pictures of Jimmy through the years.
and a few nick names
Jim Jim,
Chim Chim,
Jim Buoy 
Chief little small face.

 
Going to work with Daddy!
                                   Jimmy Dressed as his Hero (Daddy)
Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.1 Timothy 4:12

35 comments:

HopeUnbroken said...

oh, tesha, i have a very sweet 15 year-old daughter, and i have to say i'm enjoying each year with her more and more! i can relate to all the doomsday prophecies, and while i know many people experience heartache during the teen years, i am so thankful each and every day for the relationship she and i have built over the years.
what a blessing! thanks for sharing.
steph

L said...

It's always so encouraging to hear the "good teen" stories like this. Thanks for sharing! (And what sweet pictures!)

ccc said...

Great pictures--you don't age!!LOL

I feel the same as you on teens. Everyone told me the same doom and gloom stories, but I have yet to see it! I have 3 "adult" children--ages 18, 20 and 21 1/2--and honestly I feel this age is even better than teens.

Chelsa said...

He sounds like a wonderful boy! I hope mine grow up to be that sweet and caring :)

Hillary said...

What a special guy! It is my hope and dream that Graham turn out as great as Jimmy! I wished we lived close to each other, what a great mentor he would be!

Lots of love to you and hope that you have a great weekend!

xoxox

Jennifer Ross said...

What a sweet post for your son! He so handsome and sounds like he is going to be a real gentleman. :O)

Kristy said...

What an amazing young man you have.

Sara said...

I can so relate... My louis is 14 as well... They can be sweet years! Thanks for blessing us with these beautiful pictures! You are so beautiful Tesha, inside and out! Praying for you!

Kathy said...

Tesha, I remember those talks about being scared about the teen years! But, no need to fear...Little Jimmy is such a mature, awesome teenager who loves God! I am so proud of him. You and Jimmy have done such a wonderful job preparing him for this time of his life. He is a GREAT example for my boys :)
p.s. I love all the photos!

Elizabeth said...

what an awesome son...I hope Jacob stays as sweet as he is now too :)

This is totally irrelevant...but Tesha...your hair, wowza! Rapunzely beautiful (yes, I've invented a new term just for you). :D

Pink Slippers said...

I CAN'T STAND those 'wait till the teen years' comments'. Seriously. Lil Jimmy is a wonderful testimony of a teen who is a wonderful blessing and that lives for Jesus. People can keep those teen year comments. No need for them here.

Piece-of-Cake Parent said...

Great post Tesha! I too believe that the teen years do not have to be wrought with moodiness and disrespect. I think homeschooling in those pivotal years was integral to your present results! I love the picture of Jimmy with his doppelganger! Little Jimmy writing letters to his future wife is beyond amazing!

Trennia said...

I can relate to this post in so many ways.I can honestly say having four daughters "living" and one son "living" I see the differances in them...I have "girls" 17,16,14,11,and my son is 5.Now if my heavenly babies were here I'd also have twin 10,and daughter 4 yr.
I also have three older stepchildren whom are grown plus we adopted my husband's nephew,and when people told me wait till they are teenagers...honestly it's the GIRLS to beware of...LOL.

Trennia said...

Oh and as long as you keep your son away from the GIRLS everything will be ookay...LOL !
Till he's thinking about marriage...hopefully years down the road for you and my boy being five can't date till he's 50 so I am safe too ;)

Annmarie Pipa said...

good for you!! He looks and sounds like a great kid!!
his smile is contagious!

Kallie said...

Of course you have a sweet teenager, because he has a great mother for a teacher and mentor! Have a blessed weekend!

Christine said...

Oh, this post is so sweet. He sounds wonderful. I have two daughters (3, 5)who would love to marry such a young man. We are praying for their husbands as well. Love to you. You are such a good mommy!

Allison said...

So sweet! It brought chills and tears as I read that he writes letters to his future wife. What a precious gentleman you have as your sweet son. What great parents he has to guide him in this life!

Beth said...

What an encouraging post! Jimmy sounds like an awesome guy!

I am exactly like you were -- terrified, even before our only living baby is born, about his teen years. SO SCARED!!!! But it is good to know that there are non-horror teen parenting stories out there. Thank you SO much for this, Tesha!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Happy Birthday to Jimmy. What a blessing he is. What a wonderful post you have written. His future wife will be so blessed when she falls in love with him. I love all the pictures and seeing the changes as he has grown. He is adorable and handsome.

Hannah Rose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hannah Rose said...

Tesha, you are gorgeous. And my goodness, I adore that top photo of Jimmy's head resting in your hand! You have beautiful children.

Karrie said...

My heart is so warm after reading this post!! I have an almost 9 year old daughter and I too have been dreading the teen years. Reading this, gives me hope that the teen years could be filled with lot's of love and beautiful thoughts about your children!

Nicole Rodriguez said...

Such a sweet post! You are such a sweet mommy! Those kiddos are lucky to have you :) My oldest is 12 - 13 in July - and some days I have to remind myself that this too shall pass. {sigh} He wears me out some days! How do they grow up so fast?!?!

Nan & Mike said...

So sweet!!! xoxoxo

Sherri said...

I have to admit, this post set my heart at peace! I have such wonderful kids ...I just imagine the horrible things people choose to tell me about teenagers! Brooke is 11 and as sweet as a button! I am nervous one day I will wake up to a changed girl...and I am sure I will..but the change doesn't have to be bad!?
On the boy thing! I have 2 girls before a boy...I wanted a boy so bad for Mark. But once I had one...I wanted more boys...for me! I was so excited..I knew they were mine forever...sure they would marry and have families. But I know how much my husband loves his mom...and I wanted to be loved that much! :)
Your a lucky...loved mom!
Here and in Heaven! :)

Mooberry Farmwife said...

My older children are in their 20's.... my younger are not yet in their teens so these pictures really spoke to me. I do intend to savor every moment of this journey called motherhood. You are a sweet inspiration, Tesha, and your family is awesome.

Sammy and Missy Parris said...

What a wonderful young man you have raised!! I too hate those wait till their teenagers comments. They always made me cringe like it was a dread to have someone aged 13-18. I think this is a great age to have especially with little ones too because it is just a blessing to see them love on the smaller kids. These are great pictures. I don't think you have changed a bit.

Jen said...

What a cutie pie! Love the first pic of the two of you!

Lori said...

As a mom of many I've had both types of teens (we currently have 5 teenagers) So I can see both sides. What a joy to walk through the years with your oldest. I just finished scrapbooking my daughters birth to high school years for her graduation and oh the memories.
Keep up the God work.

Laura said...

Love this! What a wonderful post! Thanks for stopping by my blogs. Thinking of you on this journey!
Hugs-
L

Jennie said...

Oh you give me hope!! I am terrified of the teens years. Jimmy sounds like an amazing kid!

Denise said...

Such an awesome tribute to your teen. May he be greatly blessed all the days of his life.

RockinMom said...

Hello! I found your blog through Kelly's blog and just wanted to leave a quick comment and let you know I was here. I am so excited to find other mom bloggers of teenagers! Being a mom of teenagers is quite an adventure and it is nice to find other moms along for the same journey.

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness he is the cutest boy ever. His personality sounds a lot like my oldest...I hope my son turns out like your 14-15 year old, he sounds like such a great, kind kid!!

He was a darling little boy!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin