Tuesday, May 22, 2012

MOMMIES on a MISSION and Link up

Many Mommies do wonderful things with their grief, they turn it into blessings for others!


“Many small people, in many small places, do many small things, that can alter the face of the world.”
Anonymous -

I have been planing on what I want to do to in remembrance of Jonathan. I definitely want to take a donation to our hospital. When Jonathan was born we received a cardboard box with some literature about grief, nothing personal for Jonathan or myself. Thank the Lord I had a handmade blanket I brought with me. I know one mommy the went into early labor at 20 weeks and had nothing for her son. When she took the hospital blanket he was wrapped in (for a memento) they actually sent her a bill. (BIG SIGH) How very sad. Many mommies have started donations to their local hospitals. here are a few FABULOUS friends  that have done them lately. The link will take you to their donation, so you can get some ideas!


Crysatal
This is a pictures of Jana's beautiful donation of Tenny Tears


From the moment I saw the Tenny Tears web sight I was in love! I thought of how blessed I would of felt to receive one of these lovely handmade diapers.
This is a part of their admirable mission statement:

Teeny Tears diapers are soft against delicate skin and can be used to enhance photographic memories as well as offer dignity and modesty for the tiniest angels. Our wish is to bless families that suffer the same heartache, providing their angel with a soft, beautiful diaper in which to be photographed and laid to rest. We provide two matching diapers per family, one for the baby and one for the family to keep in a memory box. 
teeny tears

It would have been wonderful to have one of these sweet diapers to put on Jonathan and one to take home. I know first hand that every item I have, is cherished. Mommies that received these gifts of love will be so blessed. They have lots of ways you can be involved. Visit their sight and get started! I personally want to sew our donation myself.  I am hoping my MIL will help me SHHH I haven't asked her yet :)

Teeny Tears will contact your hospital and let you know how many diapers they need. They will also provide a (In memory of) card with your babies name on it .Here is the 
You do not have to sew. You can go on the waiting list to get them sent to your hospital in honor of your baby. There are many ways to participate so check it out!


Also here is a tutorial on how to make LILY WRAPS
or you can order them HERE


Believe, when you are most unhappy, that there is something for you to do in the world. So long as you can sweeten another's pain, life is not in vain.”
~Helen Keller 


So I really wish I could give away 40 copies of In Faithfulness He Afflicted Me. So everyone who entered could read it. I encourage you, Put it on your wish list! Go HERE to get your copy! You will be so blessed to read it!

Atlas there can only be one winner and that is   
Kristy from The Bybee blog!

LINK UP
The purpose of this link up is to encourage each other you do not have to write a special post just link you home page! Remember the goal is support and community so visit someone else and encourage them.
You all encourage me and I am so thankful!
teshastreasures
I have change the link-up to a blog hop. That means if you want to put these links on your post you can. If you grab the code and past it in your HTLM of your post all the links will show up just as they do on my blog. That way people can link up on other blogs besides just mine. Pretty cool :) 



One last thing I joined a Facebook group called  BLM bloggers it is a group that you have to be added to. So if anyone wants to join say so in the comments and I will add you!

23 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'd like to be added to the facebook group....I love the idea of making diapers/blankets!

Megan B ♥ said...

Thank you so much for featuring Teeny Tears on your blog!!!

xoxo

PS, that story about the mom who was charged for a blanket.... UUUGGHH....

Elle's mommy said...

Hey Tesha! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day since I haven't really talked to you since then! I would love to be in on the blog hop and the group of blm bloggers if possible. Let me know how it all works, I'm new at all of this! : ) Thanks and as always love the link-up! Hope you are having a great day!

Nicki

Kristy said...

Can you add me to the BLM group also. Thanks for the book, I can't wait to read it. Hoping you have a blessed day of peace and comfort.

Jennifer Ross said...

What cute little diapers!! I think I might have some of those diapers sent to my hospital in honor of Isaiah for his birthday on
August 3rd. I have been thinking hard about what to do on his birthday. It's been taking a toll on me emotionally.

Thank you for sharing so many neat blogs!

Jen Ferguson said...

What an amazing idea -- these precious little diapers. Tesha - I'm so excited about the women coming together for your link up. I pray that God's breath is felt on each woman's cheek.

Sherri said...

Thanks for these links!
I seriously can't believe that they charged her for the blanket...really?

DeeDee said...

Tesha,
We are still paying on my hospital bill from when we lost our sweet baby in 2008. Its a reminder of what we lost every month we have to pay that bill. I will be glad when it is gone. On the flip side, it is definitely a reminder of the hope I have that I will see my sweet one again in Heaven. Sending hugs, hoping today will be a better day for you!

The Anglin Family said...

I received an amazing box of literature, dress, diapers, bonnet, a bible, a baby ring, a teddy bear and a few other things. My wish is that ALL hospitals are able to give every bereaved mommy a gift box.
I hate that bill. The one for 20 something thousand dollars and I left empty handed after 7 days of torture. Still paying:((

What Joy Is Mine said...

Tesha...what an awesome ministry by Teeny Tears. Those diapers are just too darling and will be a blessing to the families who receive them. I'll have to keep them in mind when Joseph's birthday comes around. Thank you for the information dear friend.

Holly said...

those dipes are so cute!

Stephanie said...

Those little diapers are awesome!! I am at a loss for the mommy who was charged for the awful hospital blanket. WOW I have Bailey's, it's one of the only things I have that she ever touched and yes I took it! I wonder if I was charged hmm? So sad!

Kathy said...

What a wonderful idea! I love those sweet, little diapers.

Hillary said...

I'm soo choked up right now looking at those beautiful teeny tiny diapers. I don't hardly have any pictures of Caroline that are share-worthy because of the lack of modesty of the pictures. I had no idea that NILMDTS even existed and the hospital had next to nothing to offer me (with the exception of some horrible little dresses for her). Those diapers are really pulling at my heart as something that I would love to be able to donate to the hospital that didn't seem to have a lot. Lots of love to you today!

xoxox

Hillary said...

OH and add me to the BLM Bloggers!

Hillary said...

Sorry, one more comment to appologize for link up pic. :( It did not work out like planned and now I have no idea how to fix it. I'm sorry friend.

Karen said...

Those diapers are such a wonderful idea! I am going to look into that! Thanks for sharing with us and for being such a blessing to us even in your time of grief.

(((Hugs)))

Trisha said...

Those diapers are SUCH a great idea! I remembered thinking how tiny Elias was...I would never have been able to buy him anything that fit. That diaper would have been perfect! SO glad they have organizations like this.

Piece-of-Cake Parent said...

I went to the Teeny Tears website and teared up when I read the quote from Dr. Seuss "a person is a person no matter how small" on the insert. I think this ministry is so beautiful, it is the simple things that matter so much in difficult times.

dejah said...

Tesha, can you add me to the BLM group? I'd love to be a part of it. xoxo

bluecottonmemory said...

When we lost our little girl at 4 1/2 months into the pregnancy, people didn't talk about it - I think it is so important to talk about this life, this child separated for now but will meet in heaven. I am so glad you are encouraging this!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The Teeny Tears are so beautiful and what a wonderful project.
I think that it is extremely important to have care packages at the hospitals for grieving mothers.

Ashley said...

Thank you for linking of my Beckett Bears ((hugs))

Teeny Tears is ADORABLE, what a neat and special thing for this momma to do in honor of their child. I think it is wonderful that you want to do something in honor of Jonathan <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin