Saturday, May 12, 2012

The special Moms In My Life

I have really wonderful women in my life that I want to honor on Mother's day.


First of course, my MOM. My mother was a young mom and we had a lot of fun together. I did not always live with her but I always knew she loved me. Everyone thought she was so cool and wanted her to be their mom. She was like a really wonderful big sister and we did lots of fun stuff together. We also went through many dark trials, that I am really thankful for. God has used those trials to help me be compassionate and have understanding about some things a lot of people will never understand. Many miles now separate us but our hearts will always be connected. She taught me that even when life is hard you have to keep going, doing the best you can. She always made me feel she would love me no matter what. 
Thank you MOM!



Another MOM to me is my Mamaw. I lived with her on and off my whole childhood. She always made me feel safe and loved. She was the ultimate Martha Stewart mom. She made all of my cousin (that she adopted) and my birthday cakes. She made every dress I wore to school formals! Mamaw was a wonderful cook and our family dinners were amazing. Holiday's at her house are the days children dream of. She took me to church and taught me that Jesus loves me. Even in the very dark times in my life I believed Jesus loved me because I was told so many times as a little girl. She has spent all of her 83 years serving and loving others. Now that her children and grandchildren live far away and my precious Papaw is in Heaven, she spends her days serving her Church and friends. She taught me to love Jesus and to serve others.Thank you Mamaw!
My Mom Mamaw and me
I was married at 17, I know it is incredibly young. So for 15 years my Mother-in-love has been like a mother to me, especially because my Mamaw and Mom are 2,000 miles away. My Mother-in-love has treated me like a daughter and I am so thankful for her. When I say I would be lost without her I am not kidding, she is so very helpful to me. When I had Jonathan she keep all of my kids for a loooooong time. She pours out blessing's of time and Love in our lives. I know it is the grace and love of God in my life that he gave me such a helpful, Loving, mother-in-love. Thank YOU MAM!
My honey and his mommy

There are three special sisters in my life, none of them are my biological sisters.

My cousin Tabitha is my sister we were raised in the same home like sisters. She is a wonderful mom to her sweet children. We are separated by many miles as she is an organic farmer in Main. We have very different lives, so I really love all the wonderful things I learn from her. Almost every happy childhood memory includes Tab. I used to always say I wish I had a sister, one day many years ago my husband looked at me and said you did, Tabitha. I was like yeah, I DO! Miss you TAB.
 My close friend KATHY has been a huge part of my life for many years.  Now many miles separate us as well, but I am so thankful that we stay connected. She has inspired and taught me so many things about being a mother and a Christian. Our weekly phone calls/prayer times are one of the high points of every week. Thank you Kathy you have pointed me to Jesus in so many way and so many times.
My Sister-In-Love is an AMAZING woman and I am thankful to watch our children grow up together. Her love for her children is beautiful. They are an incredible family that allows God to give them as many children as he would like. It is her example and testimony that lead us to home school our children. Thank you sweet sis that your love and light for Jesus shines bright!

I also want to say how very thankful I am for all my online friends, you have made this time in my life bearable with your love and support. To All you mommies with babies in Heaven I am saying prayers for you that you would find joy and peace this weekend A wonderful pastors wife Michelle told me the Lord was going to bring special ladies into my life during this time. I had no idea that they would be on a computer, never the less I feel so very blessed. We might not meet this side of Heaven but someday we will give each other a big hug :)

 I am blessed with wonderful women in my life 
THANK YOU JESUS!
To all of the special MOMs in my life...

Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: “Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.” Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.
~Proverbs 31 28-31

32 comments:

Pink Slippers said...

Such a beautiful post that I have tears. Happy Mothers Day to you! You are an amazing woman, wife and mommy.
A true example.

Kasey @ TFOMplus2 said...

What a beautiful testimony of love and appreciation for those precious women! Thinking of you this weekend and praying for your tender heart!!

Kathy said...

Tesha, you made me cry. I miss you so much. I think YOU are an incredible mother, wife and woman of God. You mean so much to me, my dear friend. I pray you have a special Mother's Day!

Mrs. Howard said...

I love, love, love all the photos!

Piece-of-Cake Parent said...

That was a lovely tribute! Family members are such regardless of biological connection. I see so much of Little Jimmy in your teen photo!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Tesha,
This post is so beauitful. Your words are spoken with so much love and understanding. It is not easy having pain growing up but the gift of compassion from God is a true blessing. The pictures are so cute. I thank God for the women in your life who have loved you.
Happy Mother's Day to you!
Hugs,
Debby

Lisa said...

What a blessing to have so many Titus women in your life! Happy Mother's Day!

ccc said...

I really enjoyed reading this post and looking at the pictures!

Christine said...

This is one of the most beautiful Mother's Day posts I've ever read. you've honored them all so well and your heart just shines through.

You just left a comment about my discipline post and I need to say, don't worry about this right now. I was revising the post and saw your comment right away. God's grace is covering you. He knows the depth of your sorrow. You are a wonderful, loving mother who is going through a dark time. No pressure on yourself right now, dear friend. When grief is new, and it's new for about 2 years, it's hard to concentrate. Period. Each month small things will get easier. You'll accomplish more. You'll resume your regular load. Baby steps. No pressure. The Holy Spirit will lead.

I remember the pain that was Mother's Day after my baby's death and while I was waiting to get pregnant again. I am thinking of you and praying for you much this weekend.

Leanne said...

Tesha, I have to say I was browsing your blog trying to catch up on posts I've missed, and I just have to ask, how'd you get to be so wise?? I can identify with so many of your thoughts!

Happy Mother's Day, my dear friend. I pray that God will comfort your heart in a major way this Mother's Day.

(((HUGS)))

Sherri said...

That was a fantastic tribute to all mothers in your life!
I love to learn about the lives of my blog friends!
Happy Mothers Day!
Hugs

Allison said...

Happy Mothers Day, I know you are a loved mommy!

Amy said...

Praying for you my friend, I'm so glad God gave you these special women in your life. You are a true blessing to me.

Mooberry Farmwife said...

Happy Mother's Day, Tesha! I'm so glad to have "met" you here in blogland.... you are a dear. :)

Elizabeth said...

Wishing you a wonderfully happy mother's day!

Pamela said...

I loved reading about the mothers in your life. We learn more about people when we have peeks into the people they love.

I came by to tell you that you are i my heart and I'm praying God will gather your heart in His hands.

God's Most Precious said...

What beautiful pictures Tesha!! Such a wonderful post... so blessed to have you as a friend, even if its online! Like you said if not here on earth then when we get to our ETERNAL HOME!!! Sending you hugs my friend.. enjoy your day!! I will be thinking and praying for you!!!

Denise said...

Such a beautiful tribute. Blessings to you, on Mother's Day, and always.

What Joy Is Mine said...

Tesha...I loved your photos so very much! You're truly blessed to have such wonderful women in your life to guide you and be there for you. I loved meeting each one of them. (PS: My children call my mom Mamaw, spelled the exact same way as your Mamaw.) :o)

What Joy Is Mine said...

Tesha...dear friend...my prayer for you is that you will have a wonderful mother's day surrounded by those who love you abundantly. The Lord bless and keep you always. :o)

Tewauna said...

Happy Mother's Day!

~Nikki~ said...

Happy Mother's Day Tesha... I have been thinking of you today. xo

April said...

Happy Mother's Day Tesha. I wish we had never 'met' through our blogs with the loss of Jonathan and Lily. I'm sorry that you share the time when Jonathan would have arrived with the heartache of Mother's Day. What an amazing role all of these women have played in your life. Enjoy your day my friend - I will be thinking of you today and the days to come ♥

Ashley said...

You are so beautiful!!

Have a wonderful Mother's Day and know that Jonathan is with you today and always ((hugs))

Nicole Rodriguez said...

Happy Mother's Day to you!!! Such a sweet post!

Annmarie Pipa said...

you have many beautiful loving women in your life...
Happy Mothers Day!!

Christine said...

Thinking of you. Happy Mother's Day!

Nan & Mike said...

Thinking of you xoxoxo happy mothers day honey xoxoxo nan

Morgan said...

Happy Mother's Day Tesha! I hope you felt the love of all your children today, here and from Heaven.

Kim said...

It sounds like you have a lot of amazing people in your life! I love all of the pictures. Happy Mother's Day Tesha!

Mrs. Howard said...

I was so not a good mama after Cole passed away. But I relied on Him to lift my son up and give my husband the strength to step in for me. We're only human.

Jennifer Ross said...

What a sweet post! I just love the pictures that you post. They are so colorful and beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin