Thursday, October 25, 2012

Capture Your Grief ~Day 25

Today we are supposed to share our baby shower or baby blessing.
So I am taking a different spin on this one. I did not have a shower and probably would not had one ever if Jonathan was full term. There is not much you need after four boys:) So I will say I was showered with love after we came home from the hospital. Our Church brought food for two weeks. Also lots of pretty flower arrangements arrived at the door. My girlfriend mailed out a special box with lots of goodies like comforting books and Cd's. One of my favorites was a gift from Jessica at our church. She gave me this little angle precious moment baby. Unbelievably he is the same size as Jonathan just thicker but length and weight are about the same. I love that little guy:)

Well Jonathan's daddy is a pastor and he prayer over him many times so I would say he is well cover as far as a blessings goes. After Jonathan's death my husband preached a six week series on grief and trials. He spoke of Jonathan in every service. I was so thankful for those messages. In the weeks following Jonathan's birth I needed to hear his life reaffirmed over and over.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ 
~Ephesians 1: 3

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a sweet little doll.

Sherri said...

Your "capture your grief" posts...are amazing! You are a true inspiration!

Denise said...

Really precious.

God's Most Precious said...

Hello Sweet Friend!!
I pray you are well! I wanted to stop by and visit... Jonathan is definitely a blessing! I believe one of the greatest blessing is knowing that one of our own will be at heavens gates with Jesus waiting to welcome us home.... I think of that always and it fills my heart with joy! God bless you and your family... sending you a big hug!
Monica
God's Most Precious

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin