Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanks GIVING



It seems like at the holidays I have get to give so much. A lot of energy and time goes into making everything special for my family. Two days after Thanksgiving and I feel give out. I am tiered from all the giving and I know that I will be giving so much more it the next few weeks as Christmas approaches. 

To a child the holidays just happen, lovely decorations, delicious food and enchanted memories. I remember my Mamaw working tirelessly when I was little to make everything so special. She seemed to never run out of energy. There were always cookies, homemade candy and music playing on the record player. It seemed like she did it all just for me and I felt so loved.

 I have to ask myself what kind of memories do I want my kids to have of the holidays? A mommy that is giving with a thankful heart or a mommy that is just give out. As I was praying I asked, "How do I guard against the holiday giving burnout"?
......Stay THANKFUL!

Thank you Lord for all these gifts

~little boys loving each other.

~Turkey leftovers.

~Boxes of Christmas decorations.

~ Stitches removed from a happy, infection free boy.

~The fun of Christmas shopping for little people.

~ Pumpkin pie with whipped cream.

~A fixed computer after living without one for a week.

~Cute Christmas sweaters and a fancy little dress for pictures.

~My Mother-in-love that opens her home and makes our holidays special.

~A bad cold that is not to bad.

~six new stockings ready to hang

~A home and life that I love.

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~ John Fitzgerald Kennedy

You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.
2 Corinthians 9:11

12 comments:

Christine said...

It snowed here today and I had to laugh at that picture of your shirtless boys. I remember growing up in southern CA and thinking that Thanksgiving was always too warm. I so wanted to live in a climate with seasons. I am not sorry but I love your beach pictures when I visit this blog. Seems like a whole other world.

Saying a prayer right now for you about the fatigue. Just keeping up with five kids in a non-holiday season is exhausting. Happy Thanksgiving!

Denise said...

Praying for you.

Trennia Hedges said...

(((HUGS))) Beautiful post...keeping you in my prayers.

Leanne said...

Look at those brown-skinned boys! That's all I knew growing up...they're SO handsome.

Tesha, I'm going to be praying for you. I understand what it's like to be totally give out. I live like that a lot and I don't want that to be what my kids remember.

So, i'm praying for you right now and will be, okay??

(((HUGS)))

Kim said...

Thinking of you and hoping you are getting the rest you need in between all of the giving:) Can't wait to see Jonathan's stocking-I was SO sad the first year Reese and Scotlyn's hung there. Thinking of you through these first holidays.

Allison said...

Your boys are so handsome and have some great tans. Hope you have wonderful, full of energy holidays!

The Anglin Family said...

Your kiddos are so presh! Do you care if I come visit you in SoCal?! Ok, great. I'll be there in a week, haha!
I'll be praying for you, seriously. I know how you feel (or I know how I feel and I relate;)
Hugs!!!

Catherine said...

Your kids are so cute! Remember, the holidays aren't about being perfect... it's just about being with family and enjoying the season.

So... I REALLY wanted to go to the December 9th candle lighting ceremony to light a candle for Gabriel (my Compassionate Friends chapter is having one too)... but I'm going to be out of town. I'm SO SO SO sad I'll be missing it as I've been looking forward to it for awhile. Thanks for letting me know about it...hopefully I'll be able to go next year.

What Joy Is Mine said...

Tesha...what a fabulous list of gratitude! I'm grateful for pumpkin pie with whipped cream too. :o)

Sherri said...

Love the picture!
It takes me a few days to recover from Thanksgiving too! I love this time of year...it is full of family memory opportunities!

Mrs. Howard said...

My mom was talking to me about the same thing this year. She hosts our Thanksgiving every year and she asked me what she should do differently so that she can enjoy the day instead of feeling stressed and burnt out in the kitchen all day.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It's a very hard time of year. I have adult children yet I am the only one who gives and gives to make their Christmas special. I love doing it but I feel burnt out at times. I no longer cook Christmas dinner, we eat snakes and a deep dish pizza I get from Chicago. That way I can actually join the party.

Your boys are so handsome and look just like Southern California surfer boys!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin