Friday, December 14, 2012

A night for a princess.

Shayla got an early Christmas present this week. She got to experience Walt Disney World on ICE.  She was beyond thrilled and it was truly a magical night none of us will ever forget.

When I was little my Mamaw would take Tabitha and me to Walt Disney on Ice every year. Oh how those sweet memories came flooding back as I steeped into the enchanted ice ring. The sights and smells of childhood made my heart sing but also made me miss my Mamaw and family. 
We have been wanting to go for the last 16 years that I have lived here. It seemed almost impossible because it comes so close to Christmas. So most years I did not even mention it. My Husband knew it was a desire of my heart and at the first mention of it he said, "Yes, we should go!. We were going to just take Shayla because it was princesses themed but then Daddy decided it was a family event and we all went.
The show was incredible better that I ever remember from childhood. The city looked beautiful it was like we were in another world. There was a large Christmas tree with ice skaters around it. Beautiful lighst and sights to see. We enjoyed our self so much it truly was an evening fit for a princess.
Now she is dancing and all she talks about is ice dancing with her Daddy :)

"A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." 
~Proverbs 17:22 -

8 comments:

Trennia Hedges said...

Beautiful family memories.

Christine said...

She looks beautiful and you too, Tesha. What a special thing for your Mamaw to do every year!

Beth said...

How fun! She's adorable.

Lori Poppinga said...

How fun! Nothing like being a princess for a night.
Keep up the God work.

Allison said...

How sweet. She is beautiful!

Denise said...

Precious.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a beautiful time you had. It looks so magical. I think I need to go sometime.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I forgot to say how beautiful Shayla looks. When I was at the Magic Kingdom in Orlanda it was so much fun to see the little ones all dressed up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin