Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A Special Sunday

 This last Sunday was a fun, special day. We had our annual Church party. This year my sweet Mother-In -Love offered to host it. After Church we head to her home for a feasting and fun. I love potlucks you get to experiences each others best.
Later we went to a Church in the Palisades for a candlelighting for Jonathan It was National Children's Memorial Day. Our local Miss support group hosted it as well as the comfort care director from our hospital. It was wonderful to fellowship with Other Baby Loss Mommies.
Everyone had the opportunity to go to the front and say a few words and who they were lighting the candle for. I read, Angel Baby a poem I wrote for Jonathan right after He was born. I was OK until I said, Love Mommy then the tears fell.
It is so helpful to my heart to do things that honor my sweet boy Jonathan. I feel so happy the we had time to reflect on him to talk about him and honor him. 

The greatest gift in all the world is compassion, understanding and LOVE .

We ended the night at my mother-in-loves, enjoying her beautifully decorated home.

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing
1 Corinthians 13 1-3

8 comments:

Leanne said...

Isn't it interesting that even in joy, the heart aches so? That's what the Bible says.....it's a very unique contrast.

I wish there were things to honor our babies that are in Heaven in my area. As far as I know, nothing like the function you went to exists anywhere near where I live. I don't have a clue as to how to get something like that together! I wish I did. I'd love to be a part of something like that.

Sending hugs to you today, dear one!

(((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

1. You look gorgeous in yellow :-)
2. Your sweet Joseph has beautiful hair! And eyes, of course :-)
3. Jonathan is blessed to have a mommy like you who loves him so thoroughly, even from such a great distance :-)

In Christ,
Rachel from Alabama

Kim said...

It looks beautiful, what a great way to remember Jonathan♥

Denise said...

Precious.

Katie said...

So proud of you for reading the poem, Tesha! I know it was a beautiful moment. Wish I could have been there at the candle lighting. What a special time!

Thinking of you.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The annual church party sounds looks like it was very nice. How nice of your MIL to host it. I am so glad to hear that you were able to attend a function for the National Children's Memorial Day for Jonathan. I have never been to one but I did light my candle.
((HUGS))

Allison said...

I'm so glad you had such a joyful and encouraging day. I hope you have many many more ahead!

brigette said...

What a beautiful day!!! How awesome you got to participste in the night and talk about jonathan!! Hugs mama

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin