Friday, December 7, 2012

Virtial Cookie Exchange

Jenn over at Treasuring Life's Blessing had the idea to do a blog hop cookie recipe exchange. We love cookies here so I am happy to join in.


Our family favorite is peanut butter cookies. This is a simple recipe that I have used for years.

 Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 cup of sugar

Mix well with a spoon, let sit for a few minutes then roll into balls. You can press them with a fork or leave them in a ball then add a Hershey Kisses once they cook.

Bake 350 degrees for around 15 minutes

Right when they come out I sprinkle them with colored sanding sugar. You could use regular sugar or none at all.

These cookies are yummy and so quick and easy to make. They are a little expensive because they require a lot of peanut butter. We buy peanut butter from Costco so it's cheaper. I usually double the recipe and use half crunchy and half creamy, it comes out a perfect mix.


We have been eating cookies and having Cocoa every night....
I put the scale away (smile:)

"Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is sacred to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."
~Nehemiah 8:10

8 comments:

Denise said...

Yummy.

Leanne said...

I love that recipe..it's gluten free!!

Thanks for posting it!

Jenn said...

Yum they sound good! Thanks so much for participating. :)

Deanna said...

Tesha, dear Tesha!

What a beautiful little Christmas holiday is unfolding in your home!
Love peanut butter cookies!!! ( I can eat a ton of them that come from all places- Subway!)

How wonderful it would be if Jonathan was with his momma and loving family this blessed time of the year. And at the same time it is beatiful to read 'see' your heart is wonderfully precious during this season of your life as you wish for him, yet trust in our Savior who has him save in His fold.

Many happy and joy jolly good time memory making to you and your family!!! Love, Deanna

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a fun meme for Christmas. Your cookies sound delicious. My husband loves Peanut Butter cookies. I do too but eating PB from the jar happens often and my favorite is Peanut Butter Cups.
Thanks for the recipe!

Kym Thorpe said...

I make those same cookies! My kids LOVE them and they are so simple!

Tracy said...

I am trying these this weekend, but with almond butter! Thanks!

Kat said...

I saw this recipe on Pinterest and was wondering if it was any good...now I definitely have to try it! Love that it's gluten free:) Visiting from Jenn's cookie exchange. Have a Merry Christmas:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin