Saturday, January 26, 2013

Love for Jonathan

On Jonathan's Birthday I came down with an awful headache, body aches and chills. Our balloon release plans and cake had to be postponed because I was feeling so bad. I was surprisingly OK most of the day emotionally. To my delight from morning until night I got a steady stream of love....emails, cards, phone calls and gifts. They literally seem to come all day.

The day after (Friday) It was like someone turned on a faucet and I could not find the off button. I cried ALL day. Just as I had no control over the falling rain outside, I had no control over the relentless stream of tears. I had to go to the store and started balling right there in line. It was awful, just pure raw emotions that I could not stop. All these tears and sharp grief took me by surprise I guess I thought I was past such intense sadness (sigh).

I am feeling better physically and emotionally today. In truth there were some tears of disappointment and forgiveness required because some of my expectations were let down. That's just one of the beautiful aspects of my son Jonathan's life....always helping mommy grow and become more like Jesus. 

Thank you so much for all the love and all the prayers, I FELT them! Jesus has so blessed me with amazing people in my life!!!

Here is the Jonathan LOVE that came my way

This beautiful name board was made by my dear friend Kathy. I am so exited to display it in our home and use it for pictures!
Thank You Kathy your the best friend a girl could ever ask for!

Love this precious, puppy flower arrangement. I don't know why but it seems perfect for Jonathan and reminds me so much of him. Thank you to my dear sweet sister-in-love and family!

My Pastors wife (yes I still have one even though I am one:) brought me this beautiful Orchid.
Thank you Jennifer!

Tabitha my sister made this amazing crochet block, which perfectly represents Jonathan's 1st birthday. It has his initials, the number one and a heart on top.

Thank you whoever was so sweet to leave an anonymous balloon with Jonathan's name. Your kindness is seen by God and so appreciated by our family.


Kyla made these two beautiful items for Jonathan (LOVE)! You can request a painted rock on her blog.
Thank You Shauna for remembering Jonathan and the beautiful pictures!

This is the sunset on Jonathan's Birthday taken by Kim. How amazing that she was thinking of us all day! Kim you are a dear sweet friend.
 Thank You KIM!

Sweet Christine requested prayer for me on her blog.
You are so very thoughtful, thank you Christine!

Thank you Holly and Ashley for remembering Jonathan's birthday on your blog this month!

Thank you everyone for all the comments and emails!
 They each and every one were special and encouraged my heart!


My AMAZING Jesse (11) delighted my heart by writing poems to each person in the family from Jonathan. My heart was overwhelmed with joy. Thank you Jesse my love!

8 comments:

Shannon said...

Isn't it wonderful to have sisters-in-Christ like that? I'm so happy your were thought of in so many creative and loving ways!

I hope that your grief will ease up for you...as I call it, a break from the hard grief.

I think the poems written by your son...well, that's just the most beautiful and thoughtful thing!

Kim said...

I am so glad you had a lot of support. I'm sorry you weren't feeling well and had a tough time:( Jesse is one sweet guy. So so special.

Naomi@What Joy Is Mine said...

Tesha...God has blessed you much in giving you such comfort on such an important day. I'm so glad your heart was filled with reminders from those who adore you greatly. I'm praying over you friend that God continue to show You His love abundantly.

brigette said...

So sorry you were under the weather. So many special things in honor of your sweet boy!! Praying for you. I nominated you for an award on my blog. Hugs mama

Kallie said...

What amazing gifts to be received in remembrance of Jonathan! I hope you are feeling better now! You have such a sweet family, your boys are so caring and compassionate about their family, just like their momma!

Denise said...

Beyond precious.

Pink Slippers said...

During the poem reading there must of not been a dry eye. I can not believe how wonderful they were.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

((HUGS)) You received so many thoughtful gifts and Jesse's letters were so sweet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin