Thursday, January 3, 2013

My Mother-in-LOVE

This last week or more we have kind of been living in Christmas dreamland. We spent several nights at my Mother-in-Loves house. It was like a small vacation and time to hang out together. I just have to take a minute to brag on my Mother-in-Love. She is sooo good to us, to me! She is always there to watch the kids when I need her and she lends a helping hand anyway she can. She cooks our favorite meals and keeps her door always open to us. She loves and enjoy my Children and they adore her. From the moment I met her I completely admired her and over the years I have grown to truly love her.

There was a bit of tension on our relationship this year. Actually all my relationships experienced tension because I was... well tense. She lost her beloved husband two years ago and we are on the eve of his Birthday. After losing Jonathan my heart breaks for her even more. I understand how important all these special days are. She has been brave in the face of loss and lived and loved boldly even while hurting. I am so blessed to call her mine. A Mother-in -Love that I truly love. They say you can't pic your in-laws....well if I could of picked I would of chosen her!

I often wonder why we wait until circumstance or tragedy arrives before we really let our feelings show. I did not often tell my Father-in-Love that I loved him until the end of his life. Honestly he had been the only Dad in my life since I was 16. I adored him and I am glad I told him, but I wish I would of started sooner. 

Mam and Papa my first Christmas in their family.
1996

So Mam, I love you! Even when there is tension or when it was the most perfect week together, like this last one. I am so blessed to have you, to call you my friend! Thank you for all your love. You are cherished by me!


“There is no happiness like that of being loved by your fellow creatures, and feeling that your presence is an addition to their comfort.” 
― Charlotte Brontë


Love your parents and your children will have loving grandparents.
Stephen Ramjewan quotes


“A friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you just the same”


Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. Michael Leunig


A friend loves at all times, and a brother (or mother-in-Love) is born for adversity.
~Proverbs 17:17, italics mine

12 comments:

Allison said...

What a blessing to have such a great relationship with your MIL, not all can say that!

Jenn said...

Wow you are SO blessed!!! Both my mil & own mom have nothing to do with us so I do envy those who have those loving, caring "moms" in their lives!

Leanne said...

I adore my mother in law too. She is very good to us and our kids think she is the cat's meow!!

This post was so honoring and so good because it probably made your MIL feel so loved. That is awesome!!!

(((HUGS)))

Jennifer Ross said...

So beautiful Tesha! <3

Kallie said...

I agree, I have amazing in law's as well! Such a blessing!

I'm Cindi... said...

How precious! What a gift you have in her. A Mother-in-Love...I've never had one of those even after 15 years of marriage. Jim's relationship with his family was very estranged when we got married and always has been. Now his dad and stepmom are divorced, so I've truly never had another "mom" in my life like that. I'm so glad you all had such a great week together. I hope you all had a Merry Christmas...Jonathan too. I'm sure his was something so special we can't even begin to imagine it...but praise God we will all get to experience soon. Love Ya! ~Cindi

Debby@Just Breathe said...

She sounds amazing. This post is so beautiful and I can tell how much you adore her. I am sure she feels the same way about you. What a wonderful blessing. My mom passed when I was 31 and my MIL has always lived in another state.
I love her deeply but we have never been close like that. I miss having an older wiser woman to help me through difficult times.

Denise said...

Very sweet.

Sara said...

I love it! I am so glad that you have such a sweet relationship... I understand that tension in most relationships after a loss... I can so relate to that even though I hadn't really thought about it... Praying for you friend!

brigette said...

So awesome you have that relationship!! I love that you say in love not law :)

Catherine said...

I feel the same way about my MIL...if I could've chosen her myself, I don't think I would've done any better. Will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers this month as you celebrate both your FIl's and Jonathan's birthdays.

Christine said...

What a beautiful tribute, Tesha. She does sound like such a blessing. Praying for all of you, remembering that Jonathan's birthday is coming. Much love to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin