Sunday, January 6, 2013

Working Weekends

We have been working all weekend on cleaning and repairing our house. We like to get all our home repairs done in winter so our summer our free to spend at the beach. This time last year I had a long list of projects that had to get done before Jonathan arrived. We were in Tenseness and I had it all planed out, every weekend was a working weekend until his arrival. 

Of coarse I came home became very sick and Jonathan went to Heaven. In the wake of this unexpected, life altering event not one of those projects got done. Lets just they really NEEDED to be done last year so by this year....
yep things are really falling apart.

So over the next several weeks we have lots of home projects that need to be completed. This weekend we cleaned out closets and drawers. Out with the old and put away new Christmas gifts. 

My hubby blessed me with quite a bit of beautiful clothing. I have not bought new clothes since before I was pregnant with Joseph. I got pregnant with Jonathan while I was still nursing Joseph. After his death I was so set on getting pregnant that I did not want to buy anything new. I think getting the new clothes and being joyful about it is part of my acceptance and healing that God has not, and may not give us another baby. So I joyfully cleaned out my closet and restocked with my new blessings. 

My favorite? 1920's style hats. They are a quick cover up when there is no time to fix my hair:)


To my delight my husband also blessed me with all new bedding. A mattress pad that is soft and heavenly.
New pink sheets, a cozy Shabby Chic blanket and comforter from Target. Pure softness! I can not imagine any princess is happier than I when I snuggle into bed at night. Did I mention how BEAUTIFUL it all is!
The Jonathan view from my spot :)

Also my sweet Mother- in-Love got me this amazing robe!!! It is like a fluffy cloud and GORGEOUS!!!!
So these next few weekends will be working ones.....
unless Big Bear calls our name :)

And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.

10 comments:

Hillary said...

LOVE the hat! You look just gorgeous in it!! That bedding is also just to die for!

xoxox

Leanne said...

You look so gorgeous in your new hat! I tend toward vintage clothing too, longer fitted skirts and boots and things like that. So glad you got to have new things!

I think I got bit by the clean-up bug too, because there's a closet in our hallway that needs to be cleaned out, and behind the couch is a bunch of sound equipment that needs to find a new home....SO....

I'm still praying for you!

(((HUGS)))

Denise said...

You are beyond beautiful.

trennia said...

Beautiful <3

Beth said...

You are so lovely, in all ways. <3

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Your husband has great taste. He bought you awesome gifts. You look awesome in the hat! I wish I had your motivation, I have plenty of things to clean out.

Allison said...

You are beautiful! Have fun with all the house projects, hope they go very well!

The Heart's Hunger said...

Love the hat!

Sara said...

Ok... adorable hat... you look great in hats... (My sister and I always laugh, she looks precious in a hat... me only a baseball cap looks good... but I love hats!:) You have beautiful eyes! I have always wanted a four poster bed:) Love yours! And I love your Jonathon spot... Tesha, I know that was the hardest part accepting that the Lord may not ever give us another baby after Samuel... little did I know what He had in store for us... Praying for you friend... that surrendering is so hard... God is using you friend... I know He has good in store for your family, however that might come to be:):)

Kim said...

Love the hat-you are so beautiful!! You husband picked that out!? He has good taste! I just got a new hat too-so in love with a cute cover up when my hair is a mess. I hope your dreams come true this year-you deserve it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin