Saturday, March 2, 2013

Exciting, Surprising, Life Changing News

Last Friday I had a post op appointment. I expected it to be fairly uneventful, It wasn't. After a wait of about an hour, sitting in the room where they did the second ultrasound to confirm Jonathan had gone to heaven the Doctors came in. She looked concerned and I thought, oh great I have an infection. The words that came out of her mouth SHOCKED me and rocked our world. She said...."Your pregnant". 

I immediately reacted swiftly saying, "That is impossible I just had surgery and have been taking the pill (for the first time in my life) to treat endemetriosis! I had her so convinced she left to make sure she had the right room. She came back in and said "Yes you are indeed pregnant". I was so happy and excited and amazed, how did I get pregnant on the pill when I could not get pregnant while trying? 

Unfortunately my excitement was short lived because she said they were concerned about the pain I have been in and all that my body has been through in the last few weeks. I was sent for an immediate ultrasound, I did not hear from anyone until Monday morning when the doctor called to give me the news.

I am about six weeks which means I was pregnant at the time of surgery. They did a urine test but it was to early to come back positive. The doctor said the surgery and medication were OK but I had received a contrast cat scan and x ray of my abdomen. He then proceeded to tell me EVERYTHING that could go wrong because of radiation exposure...a long awful list that included anomalies, brain damage, miscarriage, stillbirth and childhood cancer. We saw the OB Monday morning and she referred us to a genetic counselor to find out the exact rads I received on the weeks pregnant and what the risk were.

I had a pretty restless week spending hours in the middle of the night in prayer. I felt so sad that I was starting a MUCH wanted and anticipated pregnancy with gripping fear. My husband often says "Everyone wants a miracle, but nobody wants to be in the place to get one". We have needed them in our pregnancy's more that once. A friend pointed out that it was no coincidence that the news came around Jadon's birthday (our miracle baby)

At our appointment Monday, as we sat in the office my husband prayed and said he felt God give him a word...There is healing in the name of Jesus! Jimmy said he did not know if that healing was for me, or us or the baby. I clung to that word every restless night this last week.

Yesterday we saw the genetic counselor, we went in expecting the worst news and counsel.  However God is so good, he used this doctor to ease our fears. She told us I received around 2 rad of radiation and real cause for concern starts at 4. She also said there is one critical week when catastrophic damage can be done, I was not radiated during that week. She said we have every reason to believe this baby will be OK. PRAISE JESUS! She did say there is a small increased risk of childhood cancer which is scary but we believe there IS HEALING IN THE NAME OF JESUS!

I know I am very early in this pregnancy, unfortunately I personally know there is no such thing as a safe time. I used to think after 12 weeks everything was going to be fine. I also know we need all the prayers we can get and no matter what we love this baby. So we are telling the world we are expecting number 7... wow that sounds so weird:) God is Good!


I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears
~Psalm 34:4

As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth. And his disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” Jesus answered, “It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him.
~John 9:1-3


Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
~Ephesians 3:20

41 comments:

Mrs. Howard said...

Oh Tesha!!!!!!! I am on my knees!! Prayers...and congratulations...and more beautiful prayers. <>

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I am extremely happy for you and your family. This is beautiful news. What a miracle you have been given. I will pray for this child everyday. ((HUGS))

Leanne said...

When I read your news, I gasped out loud and almost started crying!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I will DEFINITELY be praying for you and Baby!

(((HUGS)))

Kallie said...

Praise the Lord! I have been waiting for these beautiful words! Congratulations! I will be praying for you all. God is good!

Elizabeth said...

BIG prayers for you as you continue on this roller coaster! Praying for a positive outcome and hope throughout. Congrats!

Hillary said...

Oh My Gosh!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!! I am just pour tears of happiness and joy for you right now!!!! I'm almost speechless (which you know is almost unheard of for a blogger :). Praise God! He is soo good!!

xoxox

Shannon said...

Congratulations! :) If it makes you feel any better, I had a CAT scan whe I was preggo with Evan. Of course, I didn't know I was preggo with him. And funny enough, it was for kidney stones! Anyway, Evan is fine, and they weren't concerned. I know it's easier for me to tell you not to worry. I pray that you all have a peace that surpasses ALL understanding!

Believing the Healing Power of Jesus,
Shannon

Sarah Avila said...

Tesha!!!!! I am so happy for you! God is so good - If the Lord allowed you to get pregnant on the pill, then God can also protect this baby and keep it safe. He has a plan for this child!

I'm praising God and lifting you and your sweet baby up in prayer!!

Amazing!!!

Kyla said...

Congratulations Tesha! You are always in my prayers and I will add another candle to my prayer shelf. <3 Much Love to you Momma.

Anna said...

Praising the Lord with you! Your news brought me to tears!

Sammy and Missy Parris said...

Congratulations so happy for you!!! Isn't that true what he said about a miracle!! I think of you often and love keeping up with you on the blog. Praying for you and know that the Lord is with you ALWAYS!!! Missy

Jennifer Ross said...

Oh Tesha, I am so happy for you guys!!

You probably won't believe this, but when I wrote last on your blog, I knew you were pregnant... I was going to e-mail you it privately, but then you have that part of you where you doubt what God is telling you. I wish I would have listened to that little voice.

Like I said, I know it sounds crazy, but I knew... :)

SO happy for your precious one. Praise God!!!!!!!

<3

Kristy said...

Congrats! So excited for you! Praying as the journey continues. I know the fear and anxiety must be great by we have the knowledge of who holds the plan. Love you friend!

Beth Morey said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D : D

Thank you, Lord, for this precious gift! Praying for you and the newest Papik miracle baby, friend, and rejoicing! :)

Sara said...

Oh Tesha, I am thrilled for you! Praising God with you over this amazing news! Praying for the Lord to cover you in his peace as I FULLY understand your concerns this go around. What a precious miracle you are a part of! Praying for you!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Denise said...

Praising God with you, congrats. So very happy for you.

~Nicole~ said...

This really is the most spectacular news. God is indeed good, and He is going to do an amazing work through this little one's life, wherever it may lead!

The Heart's Hunger said...

YaY!!! Tesha!!!!
such happy news!!!!
may your heart be filled with the well spring of life and bubbling over!!!! Baby #7- what a true blessing:) ... So wonderful that God know's the heart of each and every one of us- He knows when to give and take away, when to say yes, to say no, to say wait, ... and even sometimes he says He is going to work in our hearts to change it to His good and perfect will that is for our good!

The heartbreak and tears are not wasted- my they follow you now as they reap the joy of one of the sweetest gifts EVER- pregnancy, birth, and baby!!!!

Soooooooooooooooooo
Haaappppppyyyyyyyyyyy
for you!!! Glory to God!
Amen
~Deanna

Elle's mommy said...

Almost tears my friend! I am soooo happy!!! :) we will be praying for you and your family and your new sweet baby!

Kim said...

Beautiful exciting news!! Congratulations.

Shannon said...

TESHA !!!
I am so HAPPY for you!
I knew as soon as I saw your blog title. I went right to John and read him your post. That is just the best news. I know you are afraid but God will carry you through this. I will pray hard for you every single day girl. So HAPPY for you and your hubby and your sweet family. Just the best news!
xo
Shannon

Inez Jones said...

What a blessing!! Remember 7 is God's perfect number.Ine

The Anglin Family said...

Oh sweet Tesha...
That brought tears to my eyes!!!
I will be on my knees praying...
He is good. Always,;)

Elisabeth said...

Oh Tesha I cannot even begin to express the joy I feel for you. Congrats on perfect 7! I will be praying for you and your sweet miracle baby.

Congrats again

Christine said...

Oh, Tesha! Praise God and congratulations! My children and husband will be so blessed also to hear this news as this prayer for you has been in our jar! How beautiful! So very happy for all of you and how I wish I could give you a hug.

Praying also for peace and perfect health. We always had worrisome pregnancies too and I pray this one is just full of all the regular stuff. Just regular and full of sheer joy. :)

Kathy said...

Such wonderful news!!! I'm continually praying for you and the baby!

Allison said...

O my goodness, so very excited for ya'll and will be praying for you and the baby!

Kim said...

Tesha! How amazing!! I am SO glad you were able to meet with a doctor that would ease your fears. I know you don't need any other reasons to be worried about something being wrong. I hope with all of my heart that you can find peace through this pregnancy and enjoy it as much as possible-you deserve it!! Congratulations!!

April said...

Nan & Mike said...

I'm so gla I read blogs today, this is such sweet news and I am so happy for you!!!

Jen Ferguson said...

This is such an inspiring post!! We've been missing you at Soli Deo Gloria and I came by to see how you were doing! Praying for continued health!

Christine said...

Sorry, just read your last e-mail today. I need to get better about checking that blog e-mail. So few ever use it. We are so rejoicing over here! :)

Amy said...

I got the chills reading! Praying, praying, praying for you and your sweet rainbow baby!!

Cindi said...

Eeeeeeeekkkkkk!!!! I'm so excited for you!!! Oh how amazing!!! Ahhh...God is just so good! Hooting and hollering...all the way from Alabama! XOXO!

Natasha Hoff said...

Congratulations Tesha! That is such exciting news and yet so terrifying to start this journey! Our rainbow baby is expected to arrive in 5 weeks and it has been the hardest and most wonderful 35 weeks of my life! I will pray for you and your little rainbow baby!

Jennifer said...

Wow! Congratulations! God is so good! I will keep you and baby #7 in my prayers.

brigette said...

Omg congrats!!!! I am soooo happy for you!! You and sweet baby 7 will be in my prayers! ! God is good!!

Mrs. Sarah Coller said...

Oh Tesha!! What a wonderful blessing! I haven't visited your blog in so long and thought I'd swing by and see what's up...Yay!!! I will be praying for you. I'm making a note of it right now. I can't wait to see what good things God is going to do.

Blessings,
Mrs. Sarah Coller

Anonymous said...

Wow... Congratulations! What a story!!!!

I have a bit in common with you in that I am also newly pregnant after miscarriage. I had 5 kiddos in a row with no m/c. In the course of 15 months, I had 5 miscarriages. Two were very early, but also back to back m/c at 14 weeks. Yes, 2 babies at 14 weeks.
I had a hard time with the 2nd one... It has seemed like the first was a random chromosomal thing or something, though we never got any real answers... My bloodwork all came back fine. My doctor re-tested after the 2nd 14 week loss and still found nothing. The plan for me is blood-thinners. I am already on baby asprin ( I am in the 5th week) and will probably go on Lovenox shots in my stomach here in a week or two. I pray all the time for the Lord to give my doctor wisdom.. I see him next week and hope to see baby's heartbeat as well. It is scary. We know we are taking a risk, and that if we go on the blood thinners, my doctor may have to guess at the dosage...Many women in my shoes have great success with this plan, so I am praying my doctor does not change it and allows me to try the blood thinners.

From a spiritual perspective, my DH and I felt that God wanted us to keep trusting him. We know we are not guaranteed a postive outcome, but we felt he wanted us to trust him.... I loved your husband's quote about miracles... I believe many people are unwilling to take the risk to have a miracle... We believe, though, that God's love will be with us no matter what... It has been strong through all of this... HIs will is on this journey... We will know where he is taking us at some point... In the meantime... I reach for his love, and beg for his mercy and grace to see me through whatever is to come.... I know it will be there.

- mom of 5 blessings here on earth

Naomi@What Joy Is Mine said...

Tesha...I just read this sweet friend. Congratulations to you and your family. God is good! Will be keeping you in prayer.

Kindy Belew said...

GOD IS SO GOOD!! Praying! My eyes are full of tears as I type this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin