Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Ministry of Marrige

“Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth” (1 John 3:18).

My husband is a Pastor that means he often ministers to other people. He spend hours preparing a sermons, praying for and talking to people. He also sees our marriage as a ministry, he is wise and knows it takes work to have a happy marriage. It is really awesome when he tells me he loves me, it is even nicer when he goes out of his way to show me.


We love date nights and look forward to them. In some seasons of life we go weekly and in some seasons we go once a month, occasionally we will not go for a long stretch if we are really busy at church. Lately we have been going once a week and it really blesses our relationship. It does not matter were we go, what is important is taking the time to connect. In a large family if we did not make this time we could easily lose touch.



There are a lot of needs around us, our children, our church, our family. We NEED to put each other first and find time to love and encourage one another. We really do adore our children but we know that we will be left with each other when they are grown and gone, we want to still be in love.


In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. After all, no one hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church. Ephesians 5:25 

My husband certainly takes care of me, I am so very thankful for him and his love and care for me.

We  love having one of the kids snap a picture of us on date night this one is from years ago:)


I love these “one another” scriptures.

• Be devoted and give preference to one another. (Romans 12:10)
• Accept one another. (Romans 15:7)
• Care for one another. (1 Corinthians 12:25)
• Carry each other’s burdens. (Galatians 6:2)
• Forgive one another. (Ephesians 4:32)
• Encourage, build up one another. (1 Thessalonians 5:11)
• Spur one another on to love and good deeds. (Hebrews 10:24)
• Confess your sins to one another. (James 5:16)
• Pray for one another. (James 5:16)



We are going on the ultimate date this week. A few day getaway to Pismo Beach. We go on marriage retreats a couple of times a year with our church and they are a huge blessing! This time we are getting away for his birthday to just refresh and reconnect after a busy season. I am so thankful to my mother-in-love that makes our special getaways possible by taking care of our children.



Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.
1 John 4:7




Please take a moment to re-follow or subscribe by reader to my blog as the URL recently changed

instructions to re follow

Go to Google friends connect and sign in,
Then go to options, sight settings hit stop following this blog (on the right hand side)
Next refresh the page
last re-follow the blog

Thank you!

Follow on Bloglovin

11 comments:

Leanne said...

Yes, such a good idea. Date Night is a concept that should be, no, NEEDS to be kept and protected and done at all cost. For when Mama and Daddy are connected and contented, then the Kids are too.

Thanks again for a timely, wise post. You are truly wise beyond your years!

I do hope your weekend wonderland is a time of refreshing, a time of renewing, and a time of re-knowing your husband. You two are a stunning couple!!

((HUGS)))

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So glad you are able to get away from time to time. That is really important for a marriage. Love all the awesome photos and you are just glowing. Love definitely agrees with you.

Allison said...

Awesome, hope ya'll have a wonderful time!

The Heart's Hunger said...

Thanks for letting me know about your blog mishaps! So good to stil keep in touch!
I believe that Happy Christian marriages can be infections to those that are really not so. ANd we don't even have to be "preaching" so to speak. Our actions and love in work say enough.

Hope your doing well and that you and baby are coming along nicely! _Still so happy for you!!

Happy Easter, Christ has risen fromt eh dead!!
~Deanna

Andrea said...

Your blog is so nice and you have a beautiful family! New life is the best anecdote for sadness and loss. I've had four miscarriages but the babies were younger, so I didn't have a chance to bond. My last miscarriage was when I was 48, but the other ones were when I was in my 20's. There is always hope...and I knew my babies were so happy in heaven with God. I have six children now, and I feel they are the survivors to bless me here on earth. I hope you and your new baby are safe during these nine months. My pregnancies that came to birth always made me very sick...so I looked on that as a good sign I had a healthy baby. I hope yours is the same.

Andrea said...

Thank you Tesha, keep up the good work! You are so beautiful inside and out, no one would ever guess the sufferings you have gone through. I was just realizing why Good Friday is called good too! Have a blessed Easter.

Hillary said...

I'm calling my hubby over right now to read your blog post. :) You are SO RIGHT about making time for each other in a marriage. I know Bobby and I just get swept along with the day to day runnings of our home and our kids that we forget each other a lot! We actually figured out about a month ago that it had been A WHOLE YEAR since our last date night! I do have to say though that we do spend most evening together sitting next to each other on the couch watching tv together (I know, sooo romantic :).

Thanks so much for this wonderful reminder post!!

xoxox

Happy early Easter to you! May God continue to bless you and your family!

xoxox

Sara said...

Greg and I have a long way to go on making date nights more of a priority... It is so important... Your posts are showing up in my feed so I think it is working good now:) Such beautiful pictures of the 2 of you!

Denise said...

Wonderful.

Mrs. Howard said...

I say that all the time too! My husband was there before kids and he'll be there long after my kids graduate and move out! So we need to nurture the relationship now!!

Christine said...

Yes, your mother-in-love is amazing. We haven't been on a date in a few years (family in different states).

Beautiful pics! Happy Birthday to your hubby!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin