Friday, March 22, 2013

These Days

These last few days, weeks have been busy and draining. I have been feeling REALLY awful and suspected I was anemic. The Doctor confirmed I am and I stared iron supplements and hopefully a diet rich in Iron. I got a cold that lasted many days followed by the stomach flu:( Now I have a virus that is causing a very sore mouth and throat. Which means eating anything is painful. Yep that is almost a recipe for misery. The doctor told me yesterday my immune system is suppressed from the surgery, pregnancy and being anemic.

I have not been able to blog or even go on the computer much at all. I usually write post and catch up on the blogs I read after the kids are in bed or at nap. Lately I am in bed resting or asleep about ten minutes after I put them down. I have missed blogland but my body needs rest right now more than anything. I have written about ten posts in my dreams LOL.

In other family news we were really busy finishing up our spring cleaning and home projects. Our new furniture arrived and I was mad shocked surprised to see they sent the wrong cushions. The ones that arrived look like a hotel lobby in Hawaii. The company is sending us the ones we ordered but in the meantime these kind of grew on us and while, yes they are a little cheesy they make me smile and think of Paradise. So now we will have two looks for our living room by changing the cushions, which is a blessing!


We finished the backyard/ back house clean up. The boys got the old furniture for the back house and they quickly turned it into a true boys room. Complete with workout equipment, music equipment and lots of books for reading while kicking back on the couch. The best part is that I view the back house as an indoor yard and I don't feel compelled to have to always be cleaning it. They seem to be taking a lot more responsibility for it now that it is their space.

  The boys also got their new beds and desks. That means Jojo graduated to a big boy twin bed. He is doing great and only occasionally sneaks into someone else bed like mine or little Jimmy's

We had an AMAZING birthday party for Shayla last weekend. Picture post to follow.

I have no baby update other than they are sending me straight to the high risk Doctor. My regular OB will not see me for the pregnancy. My due date is October 22 which means I am nine and a half weeks. Oh yes and morning sickness is really ALL day sickness this time around.

SO life is busy, full and tiring just the way I like it;) Well minus the two weeks of sickness.


Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.
Isaiah 58:8

14 comments:

Piece-of-Cake Parent said...

I actually like the cushions- guess it will be a accidental blessing! Sorry you have been ill, I'll be praying for strength for you. We recently did some updating and it really freshens things up!

Allison said...

So sorry you have been sick. I've been thinking about you and praying for you. I sure hope you get to feeling better very quickly. Love your new furniture, it's so peaceful looking!

Denise said...

Praying for you.

Hillary said...

SO glad to hear from you! :) I have been wondering and praying! I love the new furniture and even the cushions. I think I would feel like I was always on vacay :). Lots of love being sent and hope that you feel much much better soon!

xoxox

Leanne said...

Girlfriend, just remember, hang in there!!!

I struggle with anemia too, and the very best iron supplement I have ever found, after trying almost every one on the market, is Floradix. You can get it on iHerb.com for a very reasonable price. Just a little FYI!!

October is such a beautiful time to welcome a little baby!

I'll be praying for you, dear one!

(((HUGS)))

Beth Morey said...

I'm sorry to hear you've not been feeling well, but am so glad you're resting. And your house is lovely!

Kristy said...

So glad to read your post again. I hope you are feeling better soon. Rest as much as possible. Praying for y'all!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sorry you haven't been feeling well. Praying for you....((HUGS)) I've been using two new forms of reader and realized you didn't transfer over so I have you on them now! That is actually kinda cool that you will have both cushions. Looking forward to seeing the originally ordered ones. Sounds like the house is in order which is a great feeling. Also praying for your morning sickness to move on!

Sara said...

I am so glad to see a post Tesha... your house looks sooooo clean and beautiful:) Wow, I know you must be exhausted and weary at times... I am praying for the Lord to strengthen you each day... so so so happy for that little baby growing... what an answer to my prayers!:)

Christine said...

I am praying about the anemia and morning sickness, dear friend. Lovely wood floor and I like the cushions too. Have a blessed resurrection celebration!

The Kimmels said...

Congratulations!!! Hope you are feeling better soon, being sick AND pregnant is no fun.

Kim said...

So glad to get your email. I noticed you had posted this and when I tried to read of course I couldn't find you. Sorry you had to rename your blog and all but grateful you are still blogging.

Take care. I too am anemic and not currently expecting. I am on a giant dose of iron myself. I get really tired so I can only imagine how tired you must be with all that your body is experiencing.

Prayers for energy and iron balance being sent now.

Kim

Pamela said...

Surrounding your and the baby with my prayers.

Miranda said...

I'm excited about your pregnancy! I can't wait to follow along your journey. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin