Friday, March 29, 2013

This Good Friday

Today is Good Friday... a powerful day! I remember last year (my post from last year) having the revelation that while we call Good Friday Good it was actually Jesus darkest day. I was in a dark time also and I was so inspired by his example.  

There has always been a part of me that thought it was strange that his suffering is called GOOD. After this last year I understand a little more...

The suffering of losing Jonathan was painful and so difficult to walk through but looking back a year latter....It was GOOD. How can I say losing my beloved son was good? 

  • Because he did not just die, HE LIVED!
  • Because his LIFE changed and shaped our family.
  • Because Jesus broke through my pain to bring comfort.
  • Because my eyes were opened in a new way to the suffering of others.
  • Because my heart was transformed to give undeserved mercy.
  • Because I am more like Jesus today because of Jonathan.
  • Because we have the inheritance of a son in Heaven!


Yes suffering produced a harvest of GOOD in my life.


Oh and the suffering of Jesus On that Friday many years ago.....


It was Beautiful, it produced the SALVATION of all of mankind!


He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.
1 Peter 2:24

For this reason I also suffer these things, but I am not ashamed; for I know whom I have believed and I am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until that day.
2 Timothy 1:12

I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 
Philippians 3:10-12



"By the cross we, too, are crucified with Christ; but alive in Christ. We are no more rebels, but servants; no more servants, but sons!"
- Frederic William Farrar




Praise GOD for his goodness!!




Please take a moment to re-follow my blog as the URL recently change

instructions to re follow

Go to Google friends connect and sign in,
Then go to options, sight settings hit stop following this blog (on the right hand side)
Next refresh the page
last re-follow the blog

Thank you!


5 comments:

Denise said...

Powerful post.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I know that the term Good Friday always confused me when I was younger. Hope your having a very nice day and that your Easter will be wonderful day for you and your family.

brigette said...

Very powerful!! I am refollowing I hope I did it right :) Big hugs mama!!

Leanne said...

Yes.

Thank you for reminding me of the good in suffering. Sometimes, I forget.

(((HUGS)))

L said...

So beautifully said! Isn't it wonderful how our little angels brought us closer to our Lord?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin