Thursday, May 16, 2013

Venice Arts Ceremony

Last Saturday the boys had the closing ceremony for their Art/Film making class. We took the whole family. Truly I was not expecting that much. However I was BLOWN away by the beautiful work my boys had created. Jesse's animated comics were printed in a book and hung on the wall. Jesse also did animated short movies. Jimmy's Films were shown in the grand finale on the big screen. I was so PROUD of them!

Jimmy made two Amazing movies. One was a documentary about Jesse skateboarding and the other was supposed to be a debate between him (a Christian ) and a fellow student (an atheist). I really did not know what to expect from that one. I was running around the studio trying to keep up with Joseph when all of the sudden I heard a strong, proud voice proclaiming Jesus Christ over the speakers. I looked at the video screen and there was our Jimmy. We were seriously PROUD parents that day!


More AWESOME videos to come.


“Thus says the LORD:
Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom,
Let not the mighty man glory in his might,
Nor let the rich man glory in his riches;
But let him who glories glory in this,
That he understands and knows Me,
That I am the LORD, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth.
For in these I delight,” says the LORD. ”
Jeremiah 9:23-24

9 comments:

Hillary said...

How awesome! Lots of love to you all!

xoxox

Mrs. Howard said...

I absolutely loved that video! It's clear you have raised a well-spoken, intelligent young man!

Leanne said...

I really liked the style of the film.

When Jimmy starts to talk, I can hear the strength behind his voice that only comes from an strong, heart assurance of his Saviour. That was the best part.

And Jesse's comic books, from what I could see, actually looked like regular comic books!

I love it when our kids come in to their talents and giftings and just take off with them!

Thanks for posting this!

(((HUGS)))

Allison said...

Way to go boys, ya'll should be very proud. Shayla is so pretty!

santa monica venues said...

Hello.This article was extremely motivating, especially because I was searching for thoughts on this topic last Monday.

Andrea said...

hi Tesha! You are raising your kids so perfectly! What hope to see this in youth! And what maturity! Perhaps you might have a future Senator or something for your state! We need to put God back into our country.

And a great achievement in the art/film class...yet what shines through is your kids' maturity and wisdom.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I am so impressed. Jesse's comics are amazing and Joseph's video is excellent. You boys have talent!

Denise said...

Very well done.

Allison Renee said...

Fantastic!! Was this part of a co-op or just a class that you had your kids take? We are looking at changing the format of our homeschool co-op and having more classes. One of the ideas was a film class with a film festival at the end. Love this post. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin