Friday, July 5, 2013

A Happy 4th!

 We were blessed with a wonderful 4th! We kicked off the festivities the day before with lots of baking. Shayla had been asking to bake cupcake and cookies, so the third was the perfect day to do just that. I loved when I was a little girl and my Mamaw would be baking all day before a holiday. I would run in and out of the house smelling the sweet smells and joyfully "helping", mostly by licking the bowl:) I cherish baking and having my kids help, it brings back sweet childhood memories and makes the holiday extra special.
Our spread was pretty and tasty!
By far the kids favorite were the cupcakes they decorated.
My favorite was the sour cream pound cake with berries and whip cream!

We enjoyed a fulfilled day in the Palisades watching the Parade. Then we headed to the park to spend time with friends, we finished with tasty BBQ steaks for dinner!

Another wonderful day filled with sweet family memories!


It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery
~Galatians 5:1

13 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Looks like a perfect 4th of July! The table spread is impressive and I'm glad your building memories that your children will always remember.

Hillary said...

Looks like ya'll had a wonderful time!!

Happy belated 4th to you all!

xoxox

Kallie said...

Looks like you had a very blessed fourth! I enjoyed looking at your adorable children and the tasty food. Lol

Aunt. Paula said...

Such sweet pictures. can't wait to see u guys in a couple weeks. Kristin wants to go to splash country with u guys. i hope i can go too. love u guys lots aunt Paula

Allison said...

Looks like tons of fun and very tasty too!

Denise said...

so glad your family enjoyed the 4th.

Leanne said...

Tesha, your kids are just absolutely awesome and so gorgeous. You are very, very blessed and I know you know that!

I loved your spread. And the kids did a wonderful job on decorating those cupcakes!

You look radiant and fantastic!

I'm still praying for you.

(((HUGS)))

L said...

What a beautiful table! Love the colors. :) Looks like you all had a wonderful day. :)

Pamela said...

I'm sure the cake would be my favorite, too! I always enjoy seeing your children.

Naomi@What Joy Is Mine said...

Tesha...looks like you had a sweet 4th surrounded with family. And loved your belly shot! Beautiful. Have a blessed week dear friend.

brigette said...

They are sooo cute and you are looking great still!! Looks like a great 4th! !

SingerMamaMelody said...

Hey Tesha!

It was so much fun to catch up on your blog a bit and to see the photos from recent days. I loved your baking photos! I made some strawberry blueberry pies for the 4th and it was so much fun. :) I'm thrilled that you are pregnant and am praying for you and your sweet baby.

Love,
Melody

Kim said...

Such a gorgeous family♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin