Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Pregnancy Post, Baby #7

I recently had an ultrasound and Doctors appointment. The baby looks good and is right on track. I was so happy to get the good report. The doctor is running lots of test this week for my kidneys, blood pressure and thyroid. I also have another ultrasound to track babies growth because I am measuring behind. 

I really need to do this post to remember my pregnancy, I have not been good this time a keeping a journal. 

I am 25 weeks


How I am feeling?
 Really well physically. I have more energy and I am able to get some exercise, which helps me in so many ways. I was very sick and extremely tired up to 14 weeks. Also incredibly cold all the time. 


What made me sick?
The smell of coffee, it made me gag every morning when I made it for my husband. I drank OJ. My sense Of smell was on overload and the smell of any cologne made my head and stomach swim. Oh my goodness going to church with all the boys wearing cologne was the WORST.



How are my emotions?
Up and down. I am thrilled and simply can't wait to hold this sweet baby boy but I battle the thought that something could go wrong. At night it can be really difficult.


What am I craving?
I love fruit especially blueberries and watermelon, Raisin Bran cereal, broccoli, split pea soup, salmon, the super food salad from Costco. Homemade chocolate chip cookies are my favorite:) Although I have been avoiding making them because I eat way to many. At 15 weeks my craving changed to healthy food, from 6-14 weeks all I wanted was salt and sugar... I craved chips, cookies, fried fish, steak and baked potato. Our favorite date night dinner during my pregnancy has been Killer Shrimp.


What food aversions do I have?
Meat it is not particularly appealing. I do eat it but I don't really like it.


How much weight have I gained?
Around 20 lb which is a lot for me. Although I did lose a few pounds last week from the stomach bug. I thought the extra pounds would make my tummy look bigger, it hasn't but other parts of me have filled out:) An interesting thing I noticed from my previous pregnancy's is most of weight gain happens between week 15-30 and then I have a hard time gaining more. Well maybe not this time because I will be spending two weeks in Tenn and my Mamaw is an AWESOME southern cook :)


How am I sleeping?
Pretty bad. I go to sleep fine but wake up a lot of nights around 3:00 am and can not get back to sleep. I usually try to stay in bed but if I get really sad or anxious I get up and read my Bible and pray.


Do I have stretch marks?
 I have not gotten any new one since my first pregnancy with Jimmy. 


Do we have a name for baby brother?
 No, this is a difficult subject for me. I feel sad thinking of how I pictured Joseph and Jonathan and how much I loved their names together. We have always had our babies named very early, so it feels strange to not know his name. I don't like any boy names that start with a J. Yet it seems wrong to name him something different, when all his brothers are J names. My hubby likes a few, so he will probably pick...but I am up for suggestions if anyone has any:) The meaning is really important to me!


Baby brothers nicknames?
 He has a few...Monkey in the middle. He got this name when I was about 10 weeks pregnant, my pants were a little snug around my tummy and I asked my husband what he thought ? He said Looks like you got a monkey in the middle, Ha it kind of stuck:) Shayla calls him Cutie Pie. That was after convincing her that she could not call him twinkle, sparkle or strawberry. Everyday she asks, "How is Cutie Pie doing"? Little Jimmy and Jesse have nick named him Juan which they think is hilarious because it is a J name that dose not sound like one. Oh and it is a tough sounding name.


Do I wear maternity clothes?
No I really do not like the pants with the belly patch. My bum gets bigger but my tummy dose not stick out enough, so they just do not fit right. I am wearing regular clothes a few sizes bigger that normal. Which will also carry me through the postpartum period.


Is cutie pie active?
Yes he is a mover and a shaker which is good for my anxieties. I still have been know to have an occasional panic when he takes a long nap.


What am I looking forward to the most?
The moment I here him cry and a living, breathing baby boy is placed on my chest. Although I love the one that was not breathing just as wholeheartedly.


He tends his flock like a shepherd:
He gathers the lambs in his arms
and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young.
Isaiah 40:11

20 comments:

Denise said...

thanks for the update, you are truly glowing. sending you love, hugs, and prayers.

Andrea said...

You look great, and how wonderful the baby is doing well! I gained 23 lbs with my first baby, but almost 40 with my 6th....eek! (And still have those lbs!)

For me, more nausea was a good sign that I wasn't going to miscarry.

What a beautiful ultrasound picture!
Isn't it funny how you can't sleep now, and unfair, as when the baby comes, you really can't sleep! ha.

Leanne said...

Tesha, thank you SO much for the Bumpdate!!!!!

It's a relief to me to see that you're doing really well physically. Now to do something about the emotional part of this pregnancy. I will be praying for you when I get up really early to go to the bathroom, okay? I know that probably sounds weird, but I'm going to do it, since the early morning is the most anxious time for you. And I'll throw in some prayers during the days, okay??

Anyway, you look fantastic and I can't wait to meet Juan Cutie Pie!!!!!

(((HUGS)))

Allison said...

You look great! Glad you both are doing well. Praying for you regularly. Hope your sleep gets much better very soon.

The Kimmels said...

What a cute little bump! Many prayers for you guys :)

Piece-of-Cake Parent said...

Thanks for sharing! I called my baby bro " Guadalupe" during my moms pregnancy!

Sara said...

Precious baby growing! Loved the pictures and the update!! Praying for you friend as you journey through this sweet time..

Mrs. Howard said...

Oh friend, it is soo normal to be worried and scared. I'm praying for peace and trust!! You look beautiful!! I wish pregnancy suited me that much!!

Kathy said...

What a wonderful update on the baby. I love his ultrasound pic. Praying for you!

Mary Lytle said...

I'm not sure how I ran across your blog several months ago, but I've been hooked ever since. I'm a grandmother from SC, and I enjoy reading about your beautiful family. Jonathan's story is so personal and precious, and you share it in such a reverent way. I am excited to find out what you decide to name your son. Since the rest of the "J" names aren't your favorites, maybe Elijah or Benjamin? Both names have beautiful meanings, and the "j" is there, just later in the name. Or, to honor your angel, have you considered Gabriel? May God grant you freedom from pain and fear in the remaining months as you await your special gift.

brigette said...

You are looking great! Thanks for the update upu are always in my prayers!!

Beth Morey said...

Yay great news! You are lovely.

Mooberry Farmwife said...

Wishing you the best, Tesha. It is lovely to get this update from you. I am no longer blogging but will continue to follow yours, friend. Take care.

Anonymous said...

The biblical name Justus seems perfect for your little boy.

Kallie said...

I've been waiting for a baby bump update! You are just the cutest ever! I can't wait to hear your name choice for the little mr.

Full Time Wife Life said...

So glad things are going so well! We are expecting #3 in November, and just ruled out the name Judah in favor of Eli. Thought you may like the J suggestion :) It means "praise".

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Hope all your tests are perfect. I'm so happy to hear that he is doing very well. God Bless....

Kim said...

Hi! It has been awhile since I have visited your blog but you were on mind and I wanted to see how you are doing. I think you popped into my mind because I have just found out I am expecting again. This is also my seventh baby!! I like you had to say hello and goodbye to my precious baby number 6. We met while I was blogging about my son Seth. I haven't blogged in forever. But I still read those of friends I made during that dark .

I love this past. I love the memories you are capturing of your pregnancy. I may have to steal the idea and pickup blogging again .

Hugs!!

Kim said...

Aww look at you!! I must have missed this. You look adorable! So happy for you that things are going well:)

Aiko Dumas @ Giving Birth To Hope said...

Looks like everything is going well with you and your baby! Nothing else is more important than both of your health. With that smile on your face, it's needless to say that you are excited to meet the new angel in your life. Keep updating your journal and read it after you gave birth. You'll be amazed with your bravery in those 9 months.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin