Monday, August 5, 2013

A Last Few Sweet Tennessee Memories

The last week was surprising cool and not humid. We spent lots of time outside watching the kids play and enjoying each other  I love my Mamaw so much! I become very emotional and sentimental at the end of my tips to Tennessee. I know it will most likely be a year before I go back. Often the song Precious  Memories is playing in my head. I am so thankful for my childhood home and all the sweet memories that are there and all the new ones we made this summer.

On July 25th we celebrated my sister Tabitha's birthday. We had a wonderful day playing with the kids and then Mamaw babysat so we could do a sister date. We ate yummy sushi ( all cooked of coarse) had ice cream and a little shopping. I was so blessed to be able to be there and spend the special day with my lovely sister.
The boys ready to play in the woods!
 Shayla and Anna enjoying a sweet cousin cuddle.
Picking up apples, a regular summer chore at Mamaw's
My favorite...fried green tomatoes!
Books before bed, a nightly event!
This is the way my boys looked often at the end of the day. Exhausted after tons of adventure and play. (Notice the Ice Pack on Jesse head LOL:)
I will Always remember this blessed trip and all the Love that we shared.

I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy
Philippians 1:3-5

9 comments:

Leanne said...

Tesha, how sweet and precious!

I LOVE that song "Precious Memories"! My husband had an opportunity to arrange and orchestrate that song for a singer named Charlie Zahm. I'll try to send it to you in an email so you can listen to it.

I hope your heart is feeling better after having to say goodbye to your Mamaw. I'm praying.

(((HUGS)))

Pink Slippers said...

beautiful!!!

Christine said...

I read all your Tennessee posts but didn't have time to comment always. The injuries and scares would have sent me begging for another vacation! You are so easy going! Peter broke his hand and finger today and is in a splint cast, maybe to be switched to a permanent cast. On his first day of break! I do hope they put a cast because he can't get the splint thing wet.

What lovely photos!

L said...

LOL - I love the picture of the boys ready to play in the woods! My daughter Tabby's real name is Tabitha. That is neat that is your sisters name - there are not many Tabitha's out there!

Denise said...

love the pictures.

Allison said...

So special, thanks for sharing! Love Shayla's swim suit!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Your vacation with family was so wonderful. The pictures are so precious. Had to laugh at the boys all ready to go into the woods! So glad you had special time with your Mamaw. I've never had fried green tomatoes...looks yummy!

Sara said...

Tesha, what a precious time with family! I know what that is like when you live far away... so hard at times. I am so thankful that you have that time together! Praying for you friend... so so very excited for you! Praying for that precious baby growing inside of you!

brigette said...

Seriously this looks amazing. Your family is so precious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin