Monday, August 26, 2013

Home School Rules!!!

Nope, not rules like follow these instructions, like Homeschool is so COOL!


I am really refreshed after our summer break and enthusiastic to stat a new year homeschooling. I had a big burn out at the end of last year and I remember thinking I hope I have some joy and peace by the time our next year begins.


Well the summer was PACKED with lots of fun and travel so I really did not get much rest in. Yet I feel rejuvenated and excited for the new year. I feel this is right were God wants me.


One thing I am really encouraged about is teaching Jadon. Over the summer he had a tutor which I found very helpful. She inspired me in teaching him. Also I did a lot of research and read some books on right brained learning and thinking. Jadon is very right brained. So I am really eager to implement all that I learned.


I am also thrilled about all the kids curriculum. I had time to research and really customize their curriculum.  I read lots of other homeschooling mommies reviews on what they were using and it was helpful in picking what would work best for each of my kids.

LOL I love these kids so much:)!


Another thing I am really looking forward to is starting to teach Shayla she loves learning and while she is not old enough for Kindergarten she is so ready to get her feet wet.



I know it is not perfect timing to have a baby...right after school starts. However I also know that God is so in control of timing and will help me get through. This maybe is the first time I have actually thought this little guy in my tummy is going to come home!



I feel confident in my ability to teach, having one year of high school under our belts is a big encouragement! When we started Homeschooling I thought.. how will I ever be able to teach and grade high school?  God knew and made a way that is perfect for our family. It makes me wonder about my other worries... What a waste to worry over things that God is involved in.


So our first week back we took it slow, cleaning desks, organizing, getting books in. This week we will kick in high gear. Hopefully with a organized, flexible schedule.(I am working on that now:


And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise
~Deuteronomy 6:6-7

8 comments:

Denise said...

Praying you are blessed with a successful school year.

L said...

I love a fresh new homeschool year! I pray it goes well for you all and the kids do well and enjoy it. Taking a break for a new baby is part of learning. :)

Jenn @Treasuring Lifes Blessings said...

I'm with you girl, I love homeschooling! We kicked off our year a few days ago & when co-op starts in 2 weeks, it'll kick us into full gear. And I agree, include having a new baby as part of school. Lots of home ec & life skill lessons can be learned. ;)

Jenn @Treasuring Lifes Blessings said...

That should say a few weeks ago (1 hand typing while nursing ;0)

Christine said...

When are you due? Love the photos and so blessed to read of your joy in starting anew this year.

Leanne said...

YAY!!!

I'm so so so glad you're rejuvenated and encouraged. A new school year is actually such a hopeful and fertile time.

Those pictures are hilarious!! I had to laugh out loud at the second pic because Jimmy looks at least 20 lbs bigger than he really is, and it just struck me as funny that he could make himself look like that.....I was laughing out loud!

Keep me updated on what you're using and doing and loving and not loving, okay??

(((HUGS)))

Sara said...

We are starting this week as well with school... It is always an adjustment... but like you, I am excited this year! Tesha, I am praying for you and the precious baby you are carrying... When exactly is your due date... I am soooooo excited for you friend!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Cute photos. I'm so glad your so enthusiastic about the school year.
I hope you and the kids have a fantastic year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin