Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Our Last Day in Santa Cruz

On our last day of vacation we had a change of plans. We were supposed to head to San Francisco for a day trip. However we had done so much the day before were worn out and decided to relax and take it easy on our last day. We slept in and then went to do some local shopping. 

I suggested that daddy check the surf which was almost met with a laugh because it had been so flat. He turned down a street to Pleasure Point and low and behold what was in the water...SURFERS! True they were mostly long boards and the waves were small but that would not deter my determined boys from catching some Nor Cal waves. 
The paddle out and daddy and Jimmy on a wave together!
 What is really cool about this surf session is the night before I prayed specifically that there would be waves and the boys would get to surf. Praise Jesus that he hears our smallest prayers and blesses us with the desires of our hearts!

After the surf session (that left the boys smiling:) We hit the pool for some old fashion swim fun!

We finished the day with a walk and dinner at our new favorite local Hawaiian restaurant.
Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4

9 comments:

Denise said...

your family is so precious.

Pamela said...

Even in the midst of family fun we never forget the one who is missing. Written in the sand--waves may smooth away the letters yet nothing can take Jonathon from your heart.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love the pictures. So glad they got to do some surfing, I know how much they love it! Sounds like your vacation was perfect.

Maalaimalar said...


Thanks for the information... I really love your blog posts... specially those on Local Tamil News

Cindi said...

Just proof that He truly makes the winds and waves obey. So glad they caught some while you were there. :)

brigette said...

THis trip looks amazing! I love Jonathans name in the sand :) Hugs mama

SingerMamaMelody said...

It was so sweet to see Jonathan's name in the sand again. I'll always treasure that you had those beautiful pictures with my Solveig's name in the sand and then the floral one. You look amazing, and I'll pray that God sustains you through your pregnancy. :) So fun too to see the little baby boy clothes all ready to go. I'm glad that you've been able to get some things set and in order. God be with you!

SingerMamaMelody said...

It was so sweet to see Jonathan's name in the sand again. I'll always treasure that you had those beautiful pictures with my Solveig's name in the sand and then the floral one. You look amazing, and I'll pray that God sustains you through your pregnancy. :) So fun too to see the little baby boy clothes all ready to go. I'm glad that you've been able to get some things set and in order. God be with you!

SingerMamaMelody said...

It was so sweet to see Jonathan's name in the sand again. I'll always treasure that you had those beautiful pictures with my Solveig's name in the sand and then the floral one. You look amazing, and I'll pray that God sustains you through your pregnancy. :) So fun too to see the little baby boy clothes all ready to go. I'm glad that you've been able to get some things set and in order. God be with you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin