Monday, September 16, 2013

Baby Update 35 weeks

I am 35 weeks! I actually gave birth to Jadon and Jojo in my 35th week. Jadon because of  IUGR and other complications and Jojo due to a stone stuck in my ureter. Shayla was induced at 36 weeks (IUGR/blood pressure) and Jesse right before 37 weeks (blood pressure). I had NO say in any of these induction, the decision was made by my doctor because it was best for the baby. I am happy to report there is no talk of induction yet, as my blood pressure is being well controlled by medication.

Baby Brother is  doing good, monitored by regular ultrasounds. His weight is very light, last week coming in at 3 Lb 14 oz but his overall measurements are just a week behind. So he is basically long and skinny. 

I have been feeling really awful due to blood pressure medication. It does not agree with me and gives me an upset stomach and a feeling of anxiety. I am also on a couple of bladder medications, they are not really helping at this point and I am in lots of pain. I was diagnosed with a bladder condition called Interstitial Cystitis last year and pregnancy aggravates it. I also have scaring from stones and surgery  Nighttime is particularly trying because the baby moves more and puts pressure on my bladder.

I have gained a little over 20 lbs, at one point more than that but the blood pressure meds made me loses a few pounds. Still I am heavier than I have been in my last three pregnancy's. All those fried green tomatoes in Tennessee:)


I am in full blown nesting mode wanting to clean and get rid of everything. I just remodeled Shayla's and my closets and cleaned under every bed. We cleaned out the garage and I reorganized all the cabinet's in the kitchen. I think we are starting a small bathroom remodel this week which will make a mess but will be so worth it in the end.

I am craving Popsicle's and Ice Cream (Cold Stone, birthday cake). I really don't like the taste of meat and mostly avoid it. We got a new juicer and I have been drinking carrot and pineapple juice (my favorite) daily. I love soup right now and can not tolerate really spicy food. 


I am SO excited to hold this little boy!!! I dream of him heavy and soft on my chest. I love newborns wrapped up like little burritos, oh I can't wait:)! I have to admit I have felt sad and far from Jonathan lately but that is another post entirely. I feel confident that he is smiling on us happy to be be a big brother.

Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice!
Psalm 105:3 

11 comments:

Amy said...

You look great!! Sorry I have been away from the blog world for awhile, but praying for a smooth delivery and healthy baby boy!!!

Hillary said...

Congrats on making it all the way to 35 weeks! It won't be long at all now before he's here! Any names yet? :)

xoxox

Pink Slippers said...

So happy that baby is safe and doing better. Soon! It will be very soon he is in your arms. Names?

Leanne said...

(((HUGS)))

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I had to do a double take when I read your title....no way it's 35 weeks already. This is so exciting!!! I can't wait to meet him. Sorry about the meds :( not agreeing with you. Waiting to see your Rainbow.......

Anonymous said...

Wow, you look fabulous! I am so happy for you.

I am just a few weeks behind you, and also expecting our 6th living child. ( Had a long string of m/c which included 2 in the 2nd trimester)We also do not have a baby boy name yet, LOL!

I apologize for not sending this in an email... I have looked for your email on the blog in the past... Just wondering if you have ever been tested for auto-immune and clotting disorders?? Just reading your birth history, I am assuming that you have been... If not, it might be something to consider after the birth when your pregnancy hormones are out of your system.

So happy for you... GLORY TO GOD!

Rachel Rainer said...

Yay, 35 weeks! So excited for you. You look great! Can't wait to hear the news that he is here (but hopefully a few more weeks down the road).

L said...

It's so exciting that you will soon be holding your new baby! You will feel a mix of emotions because of Jonathan, but it will all be good and so healing for you!

Becca J. said...

Praying for you! So glad you are almost there. Blessings to you..JOY comes in the morning!

Denise said...

Congrats, prayers continue.

Diane said...

How exciting, and you look amazing!! I really like the picture of you and your husband. The love you two have for each other shines!! I am praying for everything to go well, and for a healthy baby boy to be in your arms soon. Maybe he'll break all the records and stay in until 40 weeks... although that probably doesn't sound so good because of feeling so crummy. Take Care, friend. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin