Monday, October 14, 2013

Julian's Birth Story

Wednesday night we had to be at the hospital at 8pm for a scheduled induction. Mam came over and had dinner with us and picked up the kids to take to her house. She also brought over the bassinet we have used for our babies and decorated it. I was really excited and feeling pretty good since I got to rest a lot that day. Shayla on the other hand was pretty sad and stressed because she could not go with me.
Mommy's Boys
see how unhappy Shayla is;(

 When we arrived at the hospital they started monitoring me and said after a few hours they would start pitocin. Well I was in quite a bit of pain with my bladder and some contractions. So they decided to give me the epidural. As I was getting the epidural I started contracting every two minuets really strong and they never needed to give me pitocin, I went into labor on my own! I was so amazed and thankful that all the contraction I had been experiencing the last few days did not start labor. My girlfriend came all the way from Utah to be with me for delivery so I was determined that we would wait for her to arrive Wednesday!

I had a pretty pain free labor with the epidural, although I was up all night with the monitoring. At 5am I started shaking and thought for sure the baby was coming. Kathy called right then and I told her to HURRY to the hospital. Jimmy called his mom to join us as well. I was so worried they would not make it. Well they both walked in and the Dr informed me I was only 4cm and broke my bag of water. Oops, but I was still glad they were there. At 6:30 I told them to go get some breakfast that I was going to rest. We all thought we had lots of time.

At about 7:45 I started to panic because I realized I was feeling really close and they were not back. I was not that worried because I knew they all had their phones. I started calling and could not believe no one as answering.  Right then the anesthesiologist informed me there is no reception down stairs. What??? 

I would not let the Dr check me because I was so scared I would have the baby. I was having visions of them all sitting there sipping coffee not knowing I was having the baby. I called and called and called. Finally they answered and walked thorough he door a few minutes later. I was panicked but we were all laughing about it, thank goodness:) (it has made for a great story to tell) The Dr. checked me and said, "Yes the baby is right there" literally a couple of minuets later he arrived.

Because he measured 5lbs 5oz on the ultrasound the NICU team had to be there and they informed me they would take him to the NICU if he was in fact that small. I was so upset and really wanted to hold him right away. There was a cheer through the whole room when they weighed him and it came up 
6lbs 3oz!!

This is us saying goodbye, daddy waits in the hall while I have the baby.
They took him instantly which was a little sad
but I could hear him crying:)
VICTORY!!! chubby boy:)
Hello mommy!
Hello Daddy
Bath time
100% Pure Joy!

Those who sow in tears shall reap with shouts of joy!
Psalm 126:5

10 comments:

Kallie said...

Thanks for sharing your birth story! He is so handsome! Congrats Momma, you did amazing! Now if only I lived closer so I could hold that sweet boy!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations Tesha! Such a sweet and beautiful family! You are an amazing woman!

Leanne said...

sigh.....beautiful!

You did it!!!!!

So happy he's here and so happy you can now enjoy him and love on him!!

(((HUGS)))

Pink Slippers said...

Just reading your birth story and looking at your pictures---I'm sitting here crying with joy. I know how much you love him. And Beautiful name! Love that you gave him Jonathan's name as a middle name.

Hillary said...

What a beautiful birth story and baby! Congratulations to your family!!

Love you girl!

xoxox

Sarah Avila said...

Congratulations Tesha! I'm so happy for your family!

brigette said...

I am so happy for you!! He's amazing! !

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I loved reading Julian's birth story. He is so precious and I'm so thrilled for all of you. The pictures are all so amazing and beautiful.

Allison said...

So glad it all went well. Congratulations, he is precious!

Susie White said...

Wait, what? Your husband wasn't in the room for the birth? Your son is gorgeous! Good job, mom!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin