Sunday, December 22, 2013

I Yike Monkeys

Recently my Hubby read me a daily devotional from Christian Surfers. I have to say it brought a smile to our faces and a little perspective also:)


Craig was filled with joy as he sat on the wall next to his son. He looked down, amazed at Gods blessings and began to speak. "Son, you know that I will always be here for you, you can always turn to me for help, you are very special to me. Son...I love you." With the enthusiasm of a toddler the boy looked up into his Fathers tear filled eyes and blurted out, "I yike monkeys".




1 John 3:1 "How great is the love the Father has LAVISHED on us, that we should be called children of God!"


This Christmas let's not respond to this enormous love God has shown us with, "I yike monkeys". Let's not lose Jesus in the celebration of Jesus. Spend time this holiday thinking on the ramifications of God the creator becoming the created in order to bring us back to a relationship with Him. In the midst of the tinsel of the season let's enjoy the celebration of Christ and enjoy Christ.


 Our Little monkey, that Yikes monkeys:)
 Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
2 Corinthians 9:15

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Love the devotional and the photos!! Good to be reminded of :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin