Monday, January 6, 2014

2014 Resolution/Goals



I really wanted to set some New Year's Resolutions/Goals this year. I have already started working on these, that's why I don't have much time to blog:)



  • First off  to read my Bible more. I've been successful at creatively finding prayer times (mostly at night before bed as I'm putting the kids down to sleep). However I have not been able to really find a daily time to studying the Bible. I read short segments of my Bible, here and there, but I never seem to find the time to deeply study it. The big boys have their morning prayer and Bible time but Jojo and Shayla are so wound up in the morning I never seem to get mine done. So I want to make a commitment to make it a priority this year.


  • I would like to get healthier this year! Christmas was so much fun, we ate tons of cookies and hot cocoa and I'm feeling very sluggish from all the sweets. Not to mention the scale is moving in the wrong direction:) So my focus will be eat clean, natural whole foods 80% of the time and allow myself a few cheat meals per week. I also really want to start exercising. I will not be able to go back to the gym until Julian is six months old so I have to come up with some creative ways to get some physical activity in. Gosh I do A LOT of sitting when I am nursing!


  •  I really want to get our family pictures organized and displayed in a way that the children can enjoy. I loved growing up having photo albums laying around the house to look at. A lot of our photos have been sitting in boxes or are on the computer and not printed. So my goal is to get those organized, printed and into some books for easy viewing for the kids.


  •  I want to spend more time with the little kids during the day doing projects, arts & crafts, reading books and things of that nature. They do so much better when they have that time with mommy! It is in our schedule but I always seem to find an excuse to put that one thing off. So this year I would really like to focus on making that a priority and spending that preschool time engaging their little minds


  •  I also would love to take a more relaxed approach towards our home. I often feel that my stress level, frustrations and anxiety is directly related to the condition of the house. Don't get me wrong it's not that our house is always clean, it's not, but my frustration over it not being clean is often nagging at my joy. I'd really like to be able to relax and enjoy my family even when everything is not in place, toys are on the floor and laundry needs to be done. 


  •  I would also like the kids to be more unplugged this year. Over this last year they have really began to use electronics more. Jadon got a video game this year (which we've never had in our home). Even though we don't have a TV they have watched more movies this year on the computer or just found general entertainment there. We always monitor what their watching, it's usually educational but I would just like to see more time spent doing other activities. For example right now Jimmy is playing his guitar, Jesse is drawing, Shayla is coloring and Joseph is playing. I just love that feeling of everybody working on a project, enjoying the evening like that. I think this one directly relates to the clean house because I know if I put on a movie while I am busy it will keep the little ones entertained, therefor not making a huge mess. *confession* I did not mention Jadon because he was playing the Nintendo...oh yea and looks like I'm blogging;)



  •  My goals for my relationships would be that I would be more focused on each child as they talk to me and not get easily distracted. I want to work on the little ones self-control and their bad habit of interrupting conversations. I also want to have more company over this year, I need to just schedule it and do some inviting! I Love date night with my husband and we will keep that going as much as possible!


I am excited for all the wonders that 2014 holds in store! 
God is Good!

“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.” 
Isaiah 43:18-19

5 comments:

Christine said...

Wonderful post and thank you for the baby fix! Love Julian's photos being all over when I come visit you here.

L said...

Such wonderful goals! I say "amen" to every one of them as they are mine too. :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Looks at those eyes....gorgeous!
I love your goals and I pray you can accomplish them which will just make you closer to God and your family.

Jessica said...

I love your goals! Mine are definitely similar to yours. You have such a beautiful family! Thanks for sharing!! :)

Beth said...

I love your goals and a few of those are things that I would include on my list -- like getting healthier. I need to catch up on scrapbooking. My kids love to look at the scrapbooks. I have found it a great way for them to remember things and people especially as we move.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin