Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Fulfilling My Goals

I want to do some update posts on my New Year Goals, as a way to hold myself accountable. So periodically through the year I hope to have good reports of fulfilling them. Last week I was off to a good start we had a wonderful couple over from church. This worked on two goals because I did not feel my house was as clean as I like (I still have not put up the kitchen curtains since taking down the snowmen ones:) and obviously the goal of having company over more.

We had a wonderful time of fellowship and yummy food. Laurel blessed us with her AMAZING baking skills, squashing the diet goal, but yumm so worth it!

After dinner the boys headed to outreach at a local store and the girls stayed at the house. I loved getting in some girl time with Laurel. It was fun to hear all the adventures the boys had on outreach when they came home.


I love having people over and feel like we are staring the New Year right with this goal.

By the Way the best book I have ever read on Hospitality is Open Heart Open Home by, Karen Mains, it is so inspiring!

The end of all things is near. Therefore be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray. Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.
1Peter 4:7-10

3 comments:

Pink Slippers said...

I have that book too--loved it! I'm so bad I invite people over for dinner on Tuesday...(it's the day the housecleaning lady comes)...lol. I am so bad about judging my own house. It becomes a self inflicted burden. As if people inspect under my couch? Ha!

L said...

Good idea about posting about your goal fulfillment to be accountable! That book sounds interesting. I will look for it.
I pray Jojo's appt. goes well tomorrow! I'd love to hear about your old house sometime. I love old houses. :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Way to go! I'm still working on taking down my ornaments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin