Monday, January 20, 2014

Thankfulness = Joy

SO thankful for these two:)

I am Full of thanks! I have been practicing active thankfulness every time my mind wonders to the events of two years ago. I start with thanking God for Jonathan and all the ways he helped me grow and change. I thank God that I have a son in Heaven. I thank God for the unwavering hope he gives me through the Bible, that I will see my baby boy again! As soon as I start thanking God things change, joy comes.

Thankfulness is the cure for a heavy heart.
  

“Joy is thankfulness, and when we are joyful, that is the best expression of thanks we can offer the Lord, Who delivers us from sorrow and sin.” 
― Thaddeus of Vitovnica

"Those blessings are sweetest that are won with prayer and worn with thanks.” 
― Thomas Goodwin


But I, with shouts of grateful praise, will sacrifice to you. What I have vowed I will make good. I will say, 'Salvation comes from the LORD.'"
Jonah 2:9

6 comments:

Leanne said...

Yes and AMEN!! I truly wish I could remember to spend more time in thanksgiving....this post was a good reminder.

What a fantastic picture!!

(((HUGS)))

L said...

Good for you Tesha! Taking your thoughts captive. I love that we will see our babies in heaven again one day. Some days I wake up and think "One day closer until I see Lilly again!" In the meantime, our mommy work on earth is not finished yet.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Totally different subject but at one point after I was divorced many years ago I thanked God for the growth that came and how it changed my life, my compassion and my heart. It taught me not to judge other peoples pain. It was the worst thing I have ever lived through and I knew that I could face anything that comes my away except the death of a child. Working with all my baby loss mother's I have learned so much about God and that He is our strength in all situations.

Anonymous said...

I love this! Thank you so much for sharing. I read your last post and wanted to comment on how I understand where you are at due to my own recent past and now my beautiful rainbow baby. It *does* change us for the better if we do not become bitter. Bitter or better. You, my friend, are better... and you are becoming better all the time because God is using your pain for his glory... I love the quotes...
I also love what " L" said about how our mommy work on earth is not finished. :) This is one of the thoughts that has crossed my mind a million times. God still have work for me here on earth, and for all my living children as well! We have a LOT to be thankful for.... Hugs to you, Tesha!

Lisa

Jessica said...

This is so encouraging to read. I have tears in my eyes just reading this. Thank you for sharing. :)

brigette said...

I love this!! Thank you so much for the reminder!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin