Wednesday, February 12, 2014

These Days

These past weeks have been busy and full so this is just a mixed salad of recent stuff:)

  • I have been fulfilling my goals for the New Year so I have less computer time. My phone really helps because I can access what I need on the web without having to turn on the computer and face distractions. Plus one of our family goals was to be more unplugged. That one is going really well and we have cut out all movies and videos for the kids, except for our date night or when they have a babysitter. They went through some serious movie withdrawals, LOL, Asking ALL the time when they could have one. Thankfully the change has now sunk in and they are not asking nearly as much.


  • My fitness and healthy eating goals are going great!! Ok except for the amazing homemade cookie I am eating right now! I have written 10 post in my head about this one but I have not to found the time to actually get it down:) 


  • Little Jimmy took his highschool exit exam last week! I am so sad how time is flying by...well he still has two years to go but they encourage the testing to start in 10th grade. I can not imagine my baby boy graduating from highschool! Which reminds me of another goal that I have not budged on...our family pictures. I really need to carve out some time for that one.

  • I am already feeling a little homeschool burnout so I know it's time to read a parenting or homeschooling book. When I recently confessed my discouragement to my husband he said, "What are you talking about LOOK at our amazing kids and think of all we would miss out on if we did not homeschool." So true! I love how he is always the voice of truth and reason in my life!


  • I am missing my Mamaw something fierce and praying for a way to get to Tenn soon to visit her. How I want her to meet sweet Julian.


  • We had a bunch of people from church over Sunday and enjoyed lunch together. Then we headed out for a pretty gnarly hike. It was fun and memorable, thankfully no one got hurt! Although Little Jimmy took a trip to the ER last night for a shot, he has awful poison ivy .

I am so excited for our church it just seems like we are on the verge of a breakthrough. People are really loving and supporting each other. My husband is starting a series on the New Testament Church and how we can live it out today. I am looking forward to lots of fellowships and time spent with the people God is bringing in!


They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts,praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. 
Acts 2 :46-47

8 comments:

Denise said...

Enjoyed the update.

Kathy said...

Exciting updates! What am amazing family you are!

Sara said...

Tesha... what amazing pictures of your sweet baby boy... honestly, he is so beautiful, handsome, you know what I mean:):) I hear you on everything you said about homeschooling:) It is a challenge...but so rewarding too:) That is so exciting with your church... thinking of you and praying for you right now:)

L said...

This is the time of year for homeschool burnout! :( I just got Debi Pearl's new book - The Big Book of Homeschooling and am getting lots of fresh ideas from it. Your husband's upcoming sermon series sounds really interesting - I wish I could hear it!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

You have been doing great with so many things. I have a friend who just started homeschooling her 8th grander. You homeschooling moms are amazing! I hope you can see your Mamaw soon. Great news about your church, very exciting.

Jessica said...

That's exciting news about your church! I love your idea to read a home schooling book to help with the weariness, I think I might need to do that too. :)

Anonymous said...

yes, it is the time of year for homeschool burnout. I agree that reading a good book brings refreshment... Or in my case... " scanning" a book, since I rarely read a whole book. (LOL)

Your hike looks like so much fun...Your family is so beautiful.
Someday I'd like to hear how you keep your energy up with your large family. I also have 6, which includes a newborn... The lack of sleep definitely affects me...

Blessings,
Lisa

J Howard said...

Good for you for sticking to your new year's resolutions!!! Unplugging is the hardest thing for me, but we're so lucky in that we don't have teenagers YET. I can foresee this being a battle in the future! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin