Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Weekend

We had a blessed time this weekend...
organizing, exercising, shopping, a surprise birthday party with sweet friends, going to church, BBQ with family. Life is Good!

 On Sunday night we went to our mother church and Pastor Rob preached about a 10 day fast the church is starting Thursday. In his sermon he's asked us to take a minute in prayer and ask God what we should fast. I was hoping sugar because summer is here:)! My husband usually teases me about fasting, that I like to do it as a diet...He is just teasing because he knows I pray and take it seriously:) but still ten days without sugar for a good purpose sounded nice. 

When I was praying I clearly felt God impress upon my heart to fast the computer! I was like-ugggg- you've got to be kidding we just finished school, I have so MANY project planed that require a computer. Yet I know this is what God spoke! So starting Thursday I will be offline completely for a ten day prayer fast. I plan to spend these days in serious prayer and Bible Study. I am making a list of what to pray for each day and how to spend my time seeking God, not just filling it with other things to do. I am excited to see what God will do in my heart and life! 


Now on to some weekend pictures:)

We were matching on Sunday so of coarse I had Jesse snap a million pictures before church.
Little Jimmy was missing almost all weekend at youth group, then a fellowship meal with the youth band, then at a friends birthday party. We had family movie night and I almost cried because we watched Marry Poppins without him:( When we took this pic he was already at church practicing for worship. As he gets older and we have to let him go little by little, it is so hard on my heart. I want to keep him my baby boy forever.

BBQ FUN
In Memory of my Uncle Terry and Papaw that bravely fought for our Country, so that we could enjoy worshiping and living in Freedom.

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
Galatians 5:1

8 comments:

Denise said...

You are truly blessed with a beautiful family.

L said...

What beautiful pictures! It's funny - I was thinking just yesterday about people I know that regularly take a 1 day a week computer fast. I like the idea but have never have had the courage to actually do it. (Wow it makes me sound like a computer addict.) It just seems like I too have so many computer projects to do. So anyway, I am so impressed with your going to be off 10 days to fast/pray. I can't wait to hear how it goes! God bless you!

Allison said...

Such good pictures. Love the one of Shayla holding the baby:)

brigette said...

Your pictures are always beautiful your family is precious good luck on your fast!! Hugs mama!!

Leanne said...

That coral color that you and Shayla are wearing is gorgeous!

thanks for sharing about your fast. I think I need to do a fast like that too…..

Russell, who's 19, is always gone nowadays too, and I noticed that I hardly ever get to see him anymore! I agree, letting him go is so hard on my heart….

Hang in there and I'll be praying that God would show you more and more of Him as you fast and seek Him……seek Him and HE shall be found!

(((HUGS)))

Em said...

It's nice to see a mom with so many boys look so sane. Gives me hope.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The pictures are gorgeous, I love all of them. I think fasting off the computer is awesome....way to go!

Kelly Marin said...

Your family is so beautiful!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin