Monday, June 9, 2014

Fasting and Finding Out, I Am Enough

We just finished a 10 day fast for Pentecost(which was Sunday). It was really remarkable and encouraging! Little Jimmy fasted food, he only had water for 10 days! I can not believe he did it?! Jesse fasted different things on different days, he was really faithful to prayer. I fasted the computer. My husband fasted his radio, because he drives so much it really kept him praying all day. That is the point after all, to PRAY! I would definitely say God spoke to all of us and moved on our hearts in profound ways!


We each gave testimonies of what God did on Sunday morning at church. Little Jimmy's revelation was about rejoicing. He had lots of scriptures and what was amazing is that Pastor Rob preached Sunday night on Rejoicing! Jimmy was so excited after service that God had spoke the same word to him as Pastor Rob! Jesse prayed specifically for a young man in our congregation to come to conference next week and he's coming!!! God also did something HUGE in our life that we will announce in a week or so;)!


For me I really used the fast as a time of reflection, reading, prayer and really seeking God. Wow did it pay off, I feel revived and energized by the Holy Spirt! I was reading a book during the fast called Daring Greatly by Brene Brown. I have to say it is one of a handful of books that have revolutionized my life. God used it to speak to me and bring some major breakthrough. 


The most enlightening change is the transforming of the thoughts that are running through my head, it's like I have changed the CD. The book is not a Christian book but this is a scriptural truth. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. Philippians 4:8. 


The author talked about scarcity, how we live in a culture of never enough. She said we go to bed thinking we did not get enough done and wake up thinking we did not get enough sleep and on and on this mindset goes. This is also a scriptural truth because over and over in the Bible God tells us he will take care of us, that He is enough! 


I have often live under the cloud of not enough... I don't have enough energy, I don't have enough money, I don't have enough time, my house is not big enough, my kids aren't good enough, I don't have enough friends our church doesn't have enough people, I don't have enough patience. I don't have enough skills to homeschool and on and on I could go.


Well the book is DEEP and I mean deep, I don't mean to simplify it I am just talking about one thing out of many that stood out to me. What spoke to me the most was when Brene Brown talks about building shame resilience in our lives and one way to do that is to believe we are enough, we have enough, we're good enough. The book had so much valuable information and I plan on soaking it in slowly but God really pounded this into my heart...I feel like he spoke it to me personally...

--Tesha, You Are Enough! You Have Enough! Jesus is Enough!


(deep breath) That feels so good! To say it out loud, to believe it in my heart. It's transforming, it's freeing, it's releasing. 

If I am enough I am not bound in the endless trap of people pleasing. If I am enough I can bravely let myself be seen and let others see my shortcomings and when I fail. If I have enough the game of comparison ceases. If I have enough I do not need to spend energy striving for things I do not need. If Jesus is enough, worry, fear and anxiety calms in my heart. 

Yes living with the enough mentality will change your life, I feel it changing so much in mine. When worry washes over me or anxiety I speak it out loud and instantly feel a burden lift. That's what I meant by changing the CD, what we think is who we are and it affects everything we do!


I feel a lot of peace and a lot of joy right now. I do not think it has so much to do with fasting the computer as it has to do with seeking Jesus. Maybe I will write a post on my thoughts about that another night but right now Jesus is calling and I am closing this computer to listen to the still small voice that whispers I love you, I died for you, YOU are enough!



His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.—2 Peter 1:3


For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.—2 Chronicles 16:9

6 comments:

Denise said...

Blessings and love to you all.

L said...

The excitement in your post is contagious! Thank you for sharing - I've been thinking about you all and wondering how the fast went. I will have to check out that book you talked about! God bless!

Pink Slippers said...

That is the best post ever!!

Kallie said...

Very inspiring Tesha! I can't wait time hear about your exciting news!!!!

Kathy said...

So powerful and beautifully said!!!

J Howard said...

So inspiring!! It sounds like everyone got so much out of it!! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin