Monday, September 8, 2014

some stuff I am loving right now

I love this book it seriously altered how I feel about buying stuff, holding on to stuff and organizing stuff. I really consider each and every purchase now, searching my heart for the motivation for buying. I have been asking myself questions like… Where will this item be stored in my home, do we already have one, can I live without it, will it take more of my time to organize? It also gave me great ideas on ways to celebrate without feeling the need to over buy gifts. The book can be summed up by this quote from the author "There is more joy to be found in owning less than can ever be found in organizing more" I highly recommend it! A couple of quotes I loved….

"Wanting less is better than having more" Mary Ellen Edmunds

"Comparison is the thief of joy" Theodore Roosevelt


This book was a life changer for me, the authors chapter on goals really inspired me!  Also his motto of dreaming big and thinking long helped my perspective for homeschooling. Because of this book we are working on a master goal list as a family and as individuals!

A few quotes I love…

When you live by faith, it often feels like you are risking your reputation. You're not. You're risking God's reputation. It is not your faith that is on the line, it is his faithfulness.

Setting goals is the way you turn imagination into memories.

The shortest pencil is longer than the longest memory, if you haven't written down your goals you haven't really set them.

Goals are dreams with deadlines. If you don't give your dream a deadline it will be dead before you know it. Deadlines keep dreams alive. 


This book has good practical advice and I finished it in two days!


Every married couple should read this book! No explanation needed, just a smile and a BIG Amen from my hubby:)


Love this new Science Curriculum! We got the journal and the project kit and the kids are really excited about it! This makes school FUN!


I bought this Bible Curriculum to use at home then decided to try it for our multi age children's church. It is awesome and I am so happy I got it!!! It has made me actually look forward to teaching children's church which is pretty amazing since I have been doing it most Sundays for the last nine years. 


I just started this book and so far it's really good! The author is a small business owner so I thought it might not be for me but I was WRONG, her principals work for everyone! I appreciate the authors response to a common question I am asked…she said, she is often ask how she dose "it all"? She replies, "I don't, I redefined "it all". She is also very goal oriented! I absolutely LOVE this quote…Find peace in the space between ideal and reality. Wow, that is so inspiring to me because I have my ideal of so many things in my mind yet to find joy and peace in the reality of where we are right now is powerful!


With my recent cancer scare we have been taking a serious look at our diets. Really starting to consider the effect that food and chemicals (things like GMOs) are having on our bodies. I have stared a daily regiment of this potent cancer fighter after a friend gave me a research book on it.


Another health change is adding Spirulian to our daily smoothies. Yes it makes them look gross, but after a few minutes of researching the benefits of they AMAZING Superfood you will have to agree it is well worth it! We were so excited after reading about it we even drank it alone, YUCK! Not something I recommend…but still, knowing how healthy it is makes it doable!


Last my favorite skin scrub! I have seen a dramatic improvement of sun spots after 6 months of use.


And if you will walk in my ways, keeping my statutes and my commandments, as your father David walked, then I will lengthen your days.”
1 Kings 3:14 

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I enjoyed this post! I need to get "Clutter Free for Kids." :) We have used that worldview book for homeschool too. I take spirulina tablets - but powder is good for getting it into the kids. I will look into that detox as I have been thinking about trying one.

Diane said...

I need to read this again more slowly. I really enjoy posts like this to get new insight and ideas. I am about halfway through The Circle Maker and love it. Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Wish I would have been more conscious of what I bought, I have too much stuff which can't retire with me! I am very much into adding things into our diet that are good for us with cancer fighting benefits. I'm definitely going to check out NIA 24. Thanks for your recommendations!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin