Friday, September 19, 2014

What Will They Remember?

A letter to me...

Dear Mommy,

Slow down
Listen to their stories
Laugh with them
Cuddle with them
Put band aids on there boo boos
Play with them
Take them to the park
Hug them tight
Color with them
Take naps with them
Hold their hand
Say goodnight prayers with them
Rock them to sleep
Go on walks with them
Pay attention to them
Read to them
Encourage them
Sing to them
Jump on the trampoline with them
Believe in them
Have fun days when no one works, just enjoys life!

They will not remember how clean the house was, they will remember how much time you spent with them! Let the little things go and enjoy the BIG things- THEM - they won't be little forever!

They are growing up...Do you see it?  everyday the time goes and they get bigger. 

Enjoy today with them because tomorrow comes quickly.

Sincerely, 
The mommy you always wanted to be





Everyday I make decisions on how I will spend my time either in the rush of the urgent or in the calm of the Spirit. Today I was in the Spirit, the Holy Spirit that is.  


We walked the neighborhood slowly looking for treasures for an art project...I felt the pull that I should be cleaning or organizing but I ignored it and lived in the moment...the moment Joseph crouched down to examine a bug, the moment Shayla squealed with delight over a flower she found, the moment Jadon clipped the perfect leaf. 


I breathed deep and smiled, I took in the beauty of our neighborhood and the warm sun on my skin. I forgot about the chores and my never-ending to do list. I watch as they delighted in making our project, how their eyes sparkled as they created with the wonders of creation. Yes, then there was a BIG mess, but it was well worth it! 


I often given into the urgent... the messes, the laundry that HAS to be done, the floor that always needs to be swept. 


BUT
Here lately I have been learning to let go of the urgent and embrace the beauty of ordinary moments. 



Like rocking my precious baby boy that will not be a baby much longer. His heavy body cuddled warm against my chest, I rub my face on his soft sweet head. I forget about the chores and the mess and the mundane duties that await. I embrace the beauty of rocking my baby and live fully in the moment.



My first baby is about to turn seventeen and my last baby is about to turn one. I can honestly say that the time has flown by. I feel like Jimmy was just a baby, now he is way to close to being grow and gone.  Oh and my Julian... it seem like yesterday that I was laboring in prayer over his life as he grew in my belly. How can a year pass so quickly?



How I wish time would slow down I do not want these years to end I do not want my babies to grow up but atlas they will, they must. What will they remember about their childhood? A mommy that was stressed and always cleaning OR a mommy that lived in the Spirit, that loved and embraced the little moments of their lives.



God give me the grace to live in your Spirit, make know to me the path of life... to love every moment with the children you have entrusted to me.


You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
Psalm 16:11

9 comments:

Laurie and company said...

such creativity!! love what you guys did....Hugs!

Lisa said...

This post is such a great reminder for us moms, Tesha! I too struggle with getting down what feels like my urgent to-dos and slowing down to take more time with my children. I need to re-read this post often. And I LOVE the craft project - we will have to try that one soon. :)

Leanne said...

I needed this.

Thank you for allowing yourself to speak the Lord's words to me through so many of your posts, but through this one in particular.

I needed this reminder dearly.

And thanks for the inspiration for some art work around here!!

Amen.

(((HUGS)))

Kathy said...

A letter for all of us moms! Great reminder to enjoy the little things with our kids :) Love the artwork!

Christine said...

The projects are so impressive and your post is beautiful, Tesha! How are you this week?

Diane said...

Your post blessed me. It was so encouraging. I was just thinking about similar things the other day. You are a Godly mama. Your treasures are blessed to call you "mom". :)Diane

brigette said...

I love this! Such a good message mama!!!! Hugs

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That's a great list.....
What an awesome art project and they all did an amazing job!

Crystal Green said...

Oh my goodness, those are some really awesome projects! I am going to have to steal this idea especially since my kids and I are going on one of our nature trail walks tomorrow.

You're right we do need to enjoy them more than we do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin