Thursday, August 20, 2015

A Sad Goodbye But A Happy Reunion

Right before we left for Tennessee I was sad to learn that my Dad's stepfather passed away. Ken was a good man and a hard worker. We always make it a point to visit him and my Grandma Marty when we are in town. I was blessed to be able to attend the funeral last Thursday, it was a beautiful tribute to a life well lived. Then on Friday I had the opportunity to spend the day with my Dad and his family at their cabin in the Smoky Mountains.
The cabin is on the river and the kids had a blast swimming and playing in the water.
My Dad's family with Nanny
My sisters sweet kids
my sisters
The big boys took two trips tubbing down the river!
Nanny and most of her grandkids and great-grandkids!

Ken was so loved and honored and we were all blessed with new memories to cherish.

The memory of the righteous is a blessing
Proverbs 10:7

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry about your family's loss. But how wonderful you all got to go to Tennessee and be surrounded by loved ones and have some good times.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It looks like an amazing setting for a family reunion. Love all the beautiful photos. So sorry to hear about the passing of your dad's step father. Glad you were able to attend his service. ((Hugs))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin