Monday, March 7, 2016

Hope Spoken

Our Small Group


My heart is full after an amazing weekend at @hopespoken! I heard so many wonderful women share their stories. Stories of loss, abuse, rape, loneliness, rejection, sickness, addiction, people pleasing and most importantly healing,hope and restoration! All these stories swirl in my mind, they were ALL good, they were all important.

What stands out to me the most is that we all long to be heard, to be understood, to be seen and to be loved for thereal us. We put on all kinds of shows for each other, we want everyone to see our best. I do it too but what I really desire is for people to see the real me, the messy me, the hurting me, the lonely me and still love me. Isn't that what we all long for... gracious acceptance for who we truly are?

When we first arrived I bought a plaque from @quite_swanky that says, "He makes me brave". I was feeling very small and not brave in that moment, in fact I was feeling rejected and like I wanted to hide...But I loved that it said "He" makes me brave, that means I do not have to be brave on my own! I know brave is a trendy word but it never resonated with my heart because I have never felt brave. But I believe that Jesus can do anything and that certainly includes making me brave. So all weekend I stepped outside of myself and was brave, not because thats just 
naturally me but because Jesus is able and he wants me to be brave!

I am so thankful to have heard so many brave stories and to see that God came through! Every. Single. Time. I'm Specifically thankful for @holleygerth my small group and these lovely ladies that I heard in the breakoutsessions @mytinytribe @cakiesblog @breenaholt @lovelylittlewhimsy...Thank you girls for being brave, and for pointing others to the One that can make us all brave! #jesus #hopespoken

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for theLord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin